The new Roomba 700 series has several new features including:
- Improved cleaning head which provides 20 percent better pickup of fine particulates.
- A more powerful vacuum and the new AeroVac™ Series 2 bin pulls more hair and debris off the brushes and into the bin.
- Two HEPA-type air filters keep fine dust inside the bin.
- Improved Dirt Detect Series 2 system differentiates between types of debris in order to choose a more appropriate cleaning pattern.
- Improved and enlarged set of cleaning patterns that provide a more thorough cleaning.
- 50% longer battery life thanks to better power management.
- Softer bumper with a new polymer coating protects walls and furniture.
- “Full Bin” indicator light.
- Touch sensor interface which means no more old-fashioned buttons!
These features were extracted from the official iRobot press release and the changes promise significant improvement on an already proven and award-winning design. We are eager to put our hands on the new 700 series Roomba. As always they will be available in three versions: 760, 770, and 780 varying in features and price.
The new Scooba 230 is equally impressive. It is much smaller than its predecessor but promises even better cleaning. The video below describes its main features and innovations.