It’s time to kick start our 10 Years of GoRobotics celebration! Our first giveaway features some great prizes from our sponsors, SuperDroid Robots, Apress, and Pololu. Entering this month’s contest will be simple. Here’s what you need to do: simply comment on this post and tell us your favorite robot. Winners will be chosen at random. Three winners will be chosen and the first winners will get his/her choice of the prizes, second place gets second choice and third place gets whatever is left over! The contest ends JANUARY 31st, 2010 at 12AM EST. Comments are moderated to prevent spam. Your comment won’t show up till the moderator has approved it.
Here are this month’s prizes:
First Prize Package – Parallax Scribbler Robot – worth $99
The Scribbler Robot is a complete robotics platform designed for ages 8 and up. It comes with a full Parallax Basic Stamp 2 processor, many sensors, and intuitive software for getting started quickly. Perfect for beginners and intermediate builders.
Pololu’s Micro Maestro 6-channel USB servo controller allows you to control six separate servos from your PC via USB, TTL serial from a microcontroller, and allows basic scripts to be executed on the controller itself. It also incorporates general I/O. This controller is one of the best controllers on the market, with 0.25us resolution with built-in speed and acceleration control.
Practical Arduino: Cool Projects for Open Source Hardware, by Jonathan Oxer and Hugh Blemings will tech you how to create your own Arduino-based designs, learn the arduino programming language, and will guide you through many practical projects from home automation to test equipment. This book is for hobbyists and developers interested in physical computing using a low-cost, easy-to-learn platform.
The Tamiya Remote Control Robot Construction kit provides parts for wheeled remote control robot. Twin-motor gearbox, crank-axle gearbox, remote control box, ball caster, tires, universal arm, and other parts are included. The control box has 4 channels and enables control of 4 different movements by adding separately available gearboxes. It comes with instructions for building several different robots.
Keep reading for the complete rules, and TO ENER THE GIVEAWAY!
- To enter the contest, you must comment on this post.
- Giveaway ends January 31st, at 12AM EST (9PM PST)
- Only one entry per person. One prize package per winner.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest – it’s free!
- Everyone is eligible, but shipping is free to only those in the continental US – if you are outside this area, you will have to pay for shipping.
- Winners will be contacted via email supplied in the comment form.
- You have 48 hrs to respond to the email and choose your prize package.
- GoRobotics.net makes NO WARRANTY or GUARANTEES about these prizes.
- GoRobotics.net can change the rules WHENEVER IT WANTS.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors! BUY STUFF FROM THEM: