DescriptionBack to top
• ATmega328 Uno microcontroller with the ETH shield
• Supplied with the PoE module
• USB2SERIAL converter not included
• 14 Digital I/O pins
• Operating voltage: 5V
Arduino introduces the Arduino Ethernet Microcontroller V3 With PoE. A single board that integrates the ATMEGA328 Uno microcontroller with the ETH shield. To program the board you can use a FTDI cable or the USB2SERIAL converter (A000050). You can buy it separately or in the bundle pack with it included -(A000060).
The Arduino Ethernet is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328. It has 14 digital input/output pins, 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a RJ45 connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. An onboard microSD card reader, which can be used to store files for serving over the network, is accessible through the SD Library. A six pin header can be connected to an FTDI cable or USB Serial board to provide USB power and communication to the board.
The board can also be powered via an external power supply, included Power over Ethernet (PoE) module, or by using a FTDI cable/USB Serial connector. External power can come either from an AC-to-DC adapter (wall-wart) or battery. The adapter can be connected by plugging a 2.1mm center-positive plug into the board's power jack.
Input and Output
Each of the 14 digital pins on the Ethernet board can be used as an input or output. Each pin can provide/receive a maximum of 40 mA and has an internal pull-up resistor (disconnected by default) of 20-50 kOhms.
The Arduino Ethernet has a number of facilities for communicating with a computer, another Arduino, or other microcontrollers. A SoftwareSerial library allows for serial communication on any of the Uno's digital pins. The ATmega328 also supports TWI and SPI communication.
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
Useful LinksBack to top
SpecificationsBack to top
• Input voltage PoE (limits): 36-57V
• Digital I/O pins: 14 (of which 4 provide PWM output)
• Arduino pins reserved:
- 10 to 13 used for SPI
- 4 used for SD card
- 2 W5100 interrupt (when bridged)
• Analog input pins: 6
• DC current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
• DC current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
• Flash memory: 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader
• SRAM: 2 KB (ATmega328)
• EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega328)
• Clock speed: 16 MHz
• W5100 TCP/IP embedded ethernet controller
• Power Over ethernet ready magnetic jack
• Micro SD card, with active voltage translators
Regular Price: CAD $32.85
Special Price: CAD $27.76