DescriptionBack to top
• New standard in desktop 3D printing
• Completely re-engineered dual extruders
• Layer resolution capable of up to 100 microns
• Super flat heated build plate optimized for ABS filament
• Six-sided enclosure for stabilized ABS cooling
Put a full-featured desktop 3D printer in your home or office: A superflat build plate, a draft-blocking enclosure, and completelyre-engineered dual extruders. The MakerBot Replicator 2X Dual-Head 3D Printer explores everything possible in desktop 3Dprinting today, and makes sure you're future-proof for developments justover the horizon. Note that this is an experimental platform intended for early adopters of the technology.
Super flat heated build plate optimized for ABS
• Get prints that stick: high-tolerance aluminum build plate ismachined for crucial flatness to prevent warping or sagging that canaffect print quality.
• Build plate is anodized for longevity and durability.Surface tape comes cut-to-size for smooth, hassle-free application.
• Better temperature control keeps build plate heated precisely and evenly throughout.
• Now in sleek MakerBot black.
• New easy-load filament lever makes loading filament as easy as flipping a light switch.
• Re-designed filament feeding system dramatically reduces stripping, skipping, and jamming.
• Constant force filament feeding system has no parts to wear out or need adjustment.
• New thermal core design stabilizes internal temperature for more reliable prints.
• Less maintenance and more print time.
Dare to "Dual": Dual extrusion 3D printing
• Be ready for cutting-edge developments in filament and multi-material printing.
• Add a new level of creativity to your 3D design with interlaced colors.
• Precisely aligned dual nozzles give perfect prints in one or two colors.
• Updates in MakerWare make it easier to generate dual extrusion prints.
•Firmware improvements reduce filament reversal, retraction, and over-run, meaning more definition between colors.
• Enclosed sides block drafts and stabilize the ABS cooling period for less cracking and peeling.
• Magnetic lid snaps on and off for easy access.
• Clear-view top and sides let you monitor your progress.Friction hinge door stays where you put it for easy print retrieval
• Magnetic latches keep small hands safe from hot components, at home and at school.
*6 month warranty effective for all 4th and 5th Generation printers received by customers on or after January 1st, 2014. Please carefully read Makerbot warranty policy.
SpecificationsBack to top
• Ambient Operation Temperature: 15º - 32º C [60º - 90º F]
• Storage Temperature: 0º - 32º C [32º - 90º F]
• AC Input: 100 - 240V, - 2 amps,50 - 60 Hz
• Power Requirements: 24V DC @ 6.25 amps
• Connectivity: USB, SDcard [included]
• Chassis: Powder coated steel
• Body: PVC Panels
• Build Platform: Heated, black anodized 356F Aluminum
• XYZ Bearings: Wear-resistant, oil-infused bronze
• Stepper Motors: 1.8º step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping
• Print Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication
• Build Volume: 9.7 L x 6.0 W x 6.1 H in [24.6 x 15.2 x 15.5 cm]
• Layer Resolution Settings
- Fine: 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Medium: 270 microns [0.0106 in]
- Fast: 340 microns [0.0133 in]
• Positioning Precision
- XY: 11 microns [0.0004 in]
- Z: 2.5 microns [0.000098 in]
• Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
• Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
• Software Bundle: MakerWareT Bundle 2.0
• File Types: .stl, .obj, .thing
• Supported OSs: Windows (XP/7), Ubuntu Linux (10.10+), Mac OS X (10.6+)
DimensionsBack to top
• Without Spool: 19.1 x 12.8 x 20.9 in [49 x 32 x 53.1 cm]
• With Spool: 19.1 x 16.5 x 20.9 in [49 x 42 x 53.1 cm]
• Shipping Box: 23 x 23.8 x 16.4 in [58.4 x 60.5 x 41.7 cm]
• Weight: 27.8 lbs [12.6 kg]
• Shipping Weight: 40.0 lbs [18.1 kg]