Take a moment to familiarize yourself with your robot’s instruction manual. Make sure you understand how it works and what are its limitations.Yes, it might sound time consuming, but it could get worst if you don’t do things as instructed in the manual and affect you robot vacuum’s efficiency for the short and long term. Find the best possible place in your home or office to settle your robot vacuum. Bare in mind that it needs room to breath.
- Cramped places might make it difficult for your robot to come out and back to the docking station, which could affect the robot vacuum cleaner’s cleaning performance.
- Avoid places where there are many obstacles and reflective surfaces like mirrors, which can interfere with the robots sensors
- Light sensors on your robot can be affected by dark and/or plush carpet floors. The robot might mistake the surface as a cliff and act erratically trying to back up.
Ensure your robot’s battery is fully charged before the first use. This may take up to 16 hours. Be patient! In some cases, your new friend may require a few cleaning and charging cycles to reach optimal cleaning capacity.
You are obviously anxious and excited about getting your new robot to do a first house or office clean, but not providing the battery with a full charge may affect the vacuum’s performance. Yes, robot vacuum cleaners need training too!
Roomba virtual wall and lighthouse
Roomba owners benefit from two other devices, the virtual wall and lighthouse. Both units can keep your Roomba away from off-limit areas of your home using an infrared light beam. In addition to the virtual wall feature, lighthouses can also be switched to the lighthouse mode. Roomba and lighthouses communicate via radio frequency (RF) signal, which will improve your robots efficiency for multiple room cleaning. This is particularly true if you’re using the scheduling feature while away from your home or office.
Miscellaneous set up procedure
- Program your expected cleaning schedule:
- Make sure your filter and brushe are clean;
- Keep the particle bin empty;
- Infinuvo CleanMate by Metapo owners:
- keep an eye on the odour removal dispenser;
- keep your fingers away from the ultraviolet light, from the UV Bacteria Removal Device, as it may damage the device.
Find out more on Roomba, Infinuvo CleanMate robot vacuum cleaners, parts and available accessories.