DescriptionBack to top
• Connects your Arduino to the internet wirelessly
• Mini-USB for updating WiFi shield firmware
• On-board micro SD slot
The Arduino WiFi Shield (Integrated Antenna) connects your Arduino to the internet wirelessly. Connect it to your wireless network by following a few simple instructions to start controlling your world through the internet. The Arduino WiFi Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet using the 802.11 wireless specification (WiFi). It is based on the HDG104 Wireless LAN 802.11b/g System in-Package. The WiFi Shield can connect to wireless networks which operate according to the 802.11b and 802.11g specifications. There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network.
• Requires and Arduino board (not included)
• Connection via: 802.11b/g networks
• Encryption types: WEP and WPA2 Personal
• ICSP headers
• FTDI connection for serial debugging of WiFi shield
Write Your Own Review
Does the job, requires firmware updateReview by Wes
Works well with regular Arduino. Should update the documentation to say that if you're using an Uno R3, the firmware should be updated. If you don't, the Arduino likely won't detect the shield at all. Once it's working, it connects and transfers data nicely.
(Posted on 6/16/15)