DescriptionBack to top
• Up to 100m (~300') unobstructed range
• Up to 115.2 Kbps transfer rate (operating on 2.4Ghz frequency)
• Designed for use with the
• Uses a Zigbee Xbee Series 2 wireless module (included)
The Arduino Xbee Shield Wireless Module allows an Arduino USB board to communicate wirelessly using a Zigbee Xbee wireless module. It is based on the Xbee module from MaxStream. The module can communicate up to 100 feet indoors or 300 feet outdoors (with line-of-sight). It can be used as a serial/usb replacement or you can put it into a command mode and configure it for a variety of broadcast and mesh networking options.
The shields breaks out each of the XBee's pins to a through-hole solder pad. It also provides female pin headers for use of digital pins 2 to 7 and the analog inputs, which are covered by the shield (digital pins 8 to 13 are not obstructed by the shield, so you can use the headers on the board itself). The Xbee shield was created in collaboration with Libelium, who developed it for use in their SquidBee motes (used for creating sensor networks).
Note: For wireless communication, a second RF module is required.
* Series 2 is NOT compatible with Series 1
SpecificationsBack to top
• 1 mW (0 dBm) power output (up to 100m range)
• Industrial temperature rating (-40° C to 85° C)
• Approved for use in USA, Canada, Australia and Europe
• IEEE 802.15.4 compliant)
• Advanced networking & low-power modes supported
• RF data rate: 250 Kbps
• Interface data rate: Up to 115.2 Kbps
• Receiver sensitivity: -92 dBm
• Supply voltage: 2.8 - 3.4 V
• Transmit current: 45 mA (@ 3.3 V)
• Receive current: 50 mA (@ 3.3 V)
• Power-down sleep current: <10 µA
Back to top