DescriptionBack to top
• Robot chassis and HS-422 servos only, no electronics
• Biped legs feature 3 degrees of freedom
• Can even do lots of Robo-One style acrobatic moves
• Include everything needed to make an operational robot
The Biped BRAT (no electronics) 685 Servo is a 6 servo biped walker featuring three degrees of freedom (DOF) per leg. The robot can walk forward or backwards and turn in place left or right with variable speed. It can even do lots of Robo-One style acrobatic moves. The combo kits include everything needed to make an operational robot, however the chassis and servos are available separately for those who want to use their own electronics.
The robot is made exclusively from brushed, or black anodized aluminum servo brackets from Servo Erector Set. It also includes an electronics carrier made from ultra-tough laser-cut Lexan.
Manufacturer is providing the walker with Hitec HS-422 servos. Due to the robot's light weight, these servos work well.
Controlling the Biped
The robot is available in two basic configurations, Animatronic (tethered connection to a PC) or Autonomous (controlled by the onboard Basic Atom Pro processor). The autonomous version includes the Bot Board II and the Basic Atom Pro processor.
• 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh Battery Pack
What's IncludedBack to top
• 3 x Aluminum "C" Servo Bracket with Ball Bearings Two Pack
• 1 x Aluminum "L" Connector Bracket Two Pack
• 1 x Aluminum Channel - 3" Single Pack
• 1 x Aluminum Robot Foot (Pair)
• 1 x SES Electronics Carrier
• 6 x Hitec HS-422 servos
MultimediaBack to top
Only complete BRAT kits include either the SSC-32 servo controller or the BotBoarduino.