DescriptionBack to top
• Versatile, programmable robot tank kit
• Onboard LiPo battery charger
• Complete Arduino board built-in (Arduino Uno)
• Dual H-bridge and onboard voltage regulator (only one battery needed)
• Compatible with a variety of shields
• Two XBee areas ( sold separately) and solder prototyping area
• No soldering required
The DFRobotShop Rover V2 – Arduino Compatible Tracked Robot (Basic Kit) is a versatile mobile robot tank based on the popular microcontroller. The Rover uses the popular Tamiya twin motor gearbox and the Tamiya track and wheel set. The DFRobotShop Rover PCB incorporates a standard Arduino Uno (surface mount ATMega328), L293B motor driver (connected to pins 5 to 8), voltage regulator and prototyping area while contributing to the mechanical structural of the robot. The onboard voltage regulator allows the entire board to be powered using as little as 3.7V to ~9V*. The onboard LiPo battery charger can be used only with the following batteries: RB-Kow-09 and RB-Kow-10
Important Note: If you are using the 4xAA battery pack, please remove the jumper located at the left rear of the board.
The board does NOT include .
In order to make assembly as easy as possible, solderless quick connect terminals have been included to give customers the option of crimping the wires to the motors (soldering is still preferable). The DFRobotShop Rover is compatible with a variety of shields when used at the same time as the motor driver, and is compatible with all shiels when not using the motor driver. Additional features include 2x encoder connectors connected to A0 and A1 for use with the , pinout for DFRobot Bluetooth and DFRobot APC220 RF modules as well as 6x cool blue LEDs (jumper selectable) placed around the board. "DFRobotShop" = "DFRobot" + "RobotShop" (a.k.a. "DFRover").
*Note that the included with the kit operates at 4.5V nominal. For 6V motors purchase 2x RB-Pol-202.
• Arduino compatible and shield stackable
• Based on ATMEGA328 surface mount chip (Uno design) and L298P H Bridge
• Incorporates dual H-bridge for bi-directional motor control (digital pins 5, 6, 7 and 8)
• Voltage regulator included (connected to battery input and 3.5mm barrel connector)
• Two XBee slots with breakout pins (switch selects which is connected to Tx/Rx) - headers sold separately
• Solder prototyping area
• Easy connection to DFRobot Bluetooth and APC220 wireless modules
• “Universal connection point” at the front of the robot (see user guide for compatibility)
• 6x Blue LEDs around the board for effect (selectable via jumper LED_SEL)
• In-system programming via ICSP
• 4x LEDs to indicate motor direction
What's IncludedBack to top
• Fully assembled DFRobotShop Rover PCB
• DFRobotShop Rover aluminum frame (left and right sides) and hardware
• 4xAA Battery holder (batteries and charger sold separately)
Useful LinksBack to top
DFRobotShop Rover Manual
DFRobotShop Rover Schematic
Light sensor datasheet
DFRobotShop Rover Metal Bracket Dimensions
2014 Scouts Canada - Robotics Guide Using DFRobotShop Rover
DFRobotShop Rover V2 Schematics
DimensionsBack to top
• Overall dimensions: 200mm long x 108mm wide x 58mm high
• Weight (not including batteries): 250g Back to top
Regular Price: USD $89.99
Special Price: USD $76.49
Write Your Own Review
Good, but missing somethingReview by Nick
The rover came on time in nice packaging. The only problem being it was missing a cool blue led! Now it just looks silly with only 5/6 of the leds. Other than this problem, it is great. Easy to use; on a nice versatile platform. I would suggest also getting encoders for the wheels so you can track how far it is going. Great fun for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of electronics and c++.
(Posted on 3/10/15)
Great purchase!Review by Liam_tomsommoy
Fun, easy to use robot kit and incredibly cheap for what you get. I'm looking forward to doing my own side projects alongside my FRC robotics team
(Posted on 2/5/15)
Great productReview by Mike
My 16 year son and I are working on this together, learning programming and electronics at the same time. We have had great support from RobotShop staff and there are some good videos on their site as well. Would recommend this to anyone as both a mobile platform and a static platform.
(Posted on 1/6/15)
Versatile PlatformReview by Jacob
As my first foray into robotics, this platform was a fantastic choice. It's well-constructed, sturdy, and uses a lot of standards. Being based on an Arduino Uno with plenty of expansion ports like the XBee sockets gives it a ton of flexibility. To mine, I added an ultrasonic sensor, a temperature and humidity sensor, and a security camera. I highly recommend the available expansion plate if you want to affix anything to the top of your rover.
(Posted on 7/11/14)
ExcellentReview by Wade
This is very easy and simple to put together and can do a lot depending on the sensors and components you add to it. A great robot to play around with!
(Posted on 5/7/14)
Very coolReview by Dwayne
Very nice to put together. The arduino is very easy to program. I can't wait to put a shield and some sensors on it. I think I stretched one of the treads putting it together so I am ordering a few more sets.
(Posted on 4/18/14)
Good ProductReview by Robot Fan
I like this product because it is based on arduino and can do lot of things with it and also it is a inexpensive robo.
(Posted on 11/16/13)