DescriptionBack to top
• Complete board built-in (ATMega328p)
• Dual H-bridge and onboard voltage regulator (only one battery needed)
• Compatible with a variety of shields
• Temperature and light sensor included
• No soldering required
The DFRobotShop Rover - Arduino Compatible Tracked Robot (Basic Kit) is a versatile based on the popular Arduino Duemilanove microcontroller. The Rover uses the popular Tamiya twin motor gearbox and the Tamiya track and wheel set. The DFRobotShop Rover PCB incorporates a standard Arduino Duemilanove (surface mount ATMega328), L293B motor driver (connected to pins 5 to 8), voltage regulator and prototyping area while contributing to the mechanical structural of the robot. The onboard allows the entire board to be powered using as little as 3.7V to ~9V*.
Main Difference Between Versions
V1.0: Includes onboard temperature and light sensors. Based on Arduino Duemilanove.
V1.5: Includes onboard temperature and light sensors and LiPo charger. Based on Arduino Duemilanove.
V2.0: No onboard sensors, but includes LiPo charger, 2x XBee slots andsolder prototyping area. Based on Arduino Uno. Upgraded components.
In order to make assembly as easy as possible, solderless quick connect terminals have been included to give customers the option of crimping the wires to the motors or using solder (soldering is always preferable though). The DFRobotShop Rover is compatible with a variety of shields (when used at the same time as the ). Additional features include a built-in and (jumper selectable), I2C pinout, pinout for DFRobot Bluetooth and DFRobot APC220 RF modules as well as 6x cool blue LEDs (jumper selectable) placed around the board.
*Note that the included with the kit operate at 4.5V nominal. For 6V motors.
• Arduino compatible and shield stackable
• Based on ATMEGA328 surface mount chip and L293B H Bridge
• Incorporates dual H-bridge for bi-directional motor control (digital pins 5, 6, 7 and 8)
• Voltage regulator included (connected to battery input and 3.5mm barrel connector)
• Light sensor and temperature sensor pre-soldered and selectable via jumpers
• Easy connection to DFRobot Bluetooth and APC220 wireless modules
• Large prototyping area for one or or your own "cargo"
• I2C male connectors for easy connection
• "Universal connection point" at the front of the robot (see specifications for compatibility)
• 6x Blue LEDs around the board for effect (selectable via jumper LED_SEL)
• In-system programming via ICSP
• 4x LEDs to indicate motor direction
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
What's IncludedBack to top
• DFRobotShop Rover aluminum frame (left and right sides) and hardware
• 4xAA Battery holder
sold separately (alkaline or rechargeable)
Arduino software available on www.arduino.cc
DimensionsBack to top
• Overall dimensions: 200mm long x 108mm wide x 58mm high
• Weight (not including batteries): 250g
Useful LinksBack to top
DFRobotShop Rover Manual
DFRobotShop Rover Schematic (revision V1.5 coming soon)
Light sensor datasheet
Arduino 5 Minute Tutorials
Robot Magazine - DFRobotShop Rover Review
DFRobotShop Rover on RobotShop Forum
DFRobotShop Rover PCB (revision V1.5 coming soon)
MultimediaBack to top
Regular Price: USD $94.99
Special Price: USD $61.74