DescriptionBack to top
• Autonomous / sensor version of the DFRobotShop Rover
• Versatile, programmable robot tank kit
• Variety of sensors included for experimentation
• Onboard LiPo battery charger and LiPo battery included
• Complete Arduino board built-in (Arduino Uno)
• Dual H-bridge and onboard voltage regulator (only one battery needed)
• No soldering required
The DFRobotShop Rover V2 – Arduino Compatible Tracked Robot (Autonomous Kit) is a versatile mobile robot tank based on the popular Arduinomicrocontroller. The Rover uses the Tamiya twin motor gearbox and the Tamiya track and wheel set. The DFRobotShop Rover PCB incorporates a standard Arduino Uno (surface mount ATMega328), L293B motor driver (connected to pins 5 to 8), voltage regulator and prototyping area while contributing to the mechanical structural of the robot. The onboard voltage regulator allows the entire board to be powered using as little as 3.7V to ~9V*.
The Autonomous version of the DFRobotShop Rover includes a vairety of components to allow you to learn about Arduino. Note however that this kit does NOT include code to use all sensors together. "Arduino" is close to custom robotics and in this spirit, it is up to the customer to learn about each component one at a time, as this is the approach one hast to take when building a new robot. It includes an infrared compound eye mounted atop a mini servo-based pan/tilt system (for object tracking), an ultrasonic distance sensor (for non-contact distance sensing) with its own mounting bracket. For more accurate movement, encoders are included for the motors. A buzzer is included for feedback (which can generate a variety of tones). A rechargeable 3.7V LiPo battery is included and can be recharged using the onboard charger. An I/O shield allows for easy, solderless connection of all the parts. A variety of cables (including a USB cable) are included, so there is nothing else you need to purchase to get started. Experiment with each sensor individually, or use them all together.
Inorder to make assembly as easy as possible, solderless quick connectterminals have been included to give customers the option of crimpingthe wires to the motors (soldering is still preferable), and all headersand components are pre-soldered. The DFRobotShopRover is compatible with all shields when notusing the motor driver. Additional features include pinout for theDFRobot Bluetooth or APC220 RF modules, 1x unused XBee slot as part ofthe IO shield, as well as two XBee slots without headers. The6x cool blue LEDs (jumper selectable) placed around the board areaesthetic and can be deactivated by removing the LED jumper.
1) If you choose to use the 4xAA battery pack, please remove the LiPo jumper located at the left rear of the board.
2) No sample code is provided to use all sensors at once - please refer to the "Useful Links" tab for more information.
3) This kit encourages the customer to learn about each component, as would be needed when building a custom robot.
*Note that the included with the kit operate at 4.5V nominal. For 6V motors, we suggest purchasing RB-Pol-202.
• Arduino compatible and shield stackable
• Based on ATMEGA328 surface mount chip (Uno design) and L298P H Bridge
• Incorporates dual H-bridge for bi-directional motor control (digital pins 5, 6, 7 and 8)
• Voltage regulator included (connected to battery input and 3.5mm barrel connector)
• IR compound eye mounted atop pan/tilt allows for motion tracking and distance measurement
• Ultrasonic distance sensor with its own sensor mounting bracket
• Onboard LiPo charger
• Two encoders mounted to the motors allow for precise movement.
• General purpose buzzer provides feedback
• One unused XBee slow and two more without headers
• Solder prototyping area
• Easy connection to DFRobot Bluetooth and APC220 wireless modules
• “Universal connection point” at the front of the robot (see specifications for compatibility)
• 6x Blue LEDs around the board for effect (selectable via jumper LED_SEL)
• In-system programming via ICSP
• 4x LEDs to indicate motor direction
What's IncludedBack to top
• DFRobotShop Rover V2
• Encoder Pair for Tamiya Twin Motor Gearbox
• DFRobot I / O Expansion Board for Arduino
• Dagu Compound Infrared Sensor
• Dagu Mini Pan and Tilt Kit
• DFRobot Buzzer Module
• 300mm F/F 20 Pin Jumper Wire
• USB cable
• LiPo Battery
• 3M double sided adhesive
• Sensor mount
• Ultrasonic sensor
Useful LinksBack to top
DFRobotShop Rover Manual
DFRobotShop Rover Schematic
Light sensor datasheet
DFRobotShop Rover Metal Bracket Dimensions
Dagu Adventure Robot Sample Code (Sample code for IR compound eye and buzzer)*
Ultrasonic Sensor DataSheet
* Edit and combine this code for a solution similar to the Dagu Adventure robot but with DC gear motors
Arduino 5 Minute Tutorials
Robot Magazine - DFRobotShop Rover Review
DFRobotShop Rover on RobotShop Forum
DFRobotShop Rover PCB
Ultrasonic Sensor Sample Code (need to change pin number to 9)
Hypertem (for Windows 7)
IR Compound Eye Pinout
DFRobotShop Rover Sample Motion Code
DimensionsBack to top
• Overall dimensions: 200mm long x 108mm wide x 58mm high
• Weight (not including batteries): 250g