DescriptionBack to top
• Tough all-metal robot platform
• 20-25 pound additional payload capacity
• Includes motors and all hardware
• NiMh Battery pack and charger sold separately.
• Electronics (motor controller, remote) sold separately
Pound for Pound the GEARS-HMC Heavy Metal Chassis is arguably one of the World's Toughest Educational Robot Chassis. The GEARS-HMC is built to withstand the demands of classrooms, summer camps, engineering experiments and even combat robotics! The GEARS-HMC is an ideal choice for start up Engineering Education Classrooms as well as for Mature Robotic Programs. The platform is fast and simple to construct (avg. platform construction time for 3 students is 2 class periods). GEARS products integrate easily with existing construction kit components and control systems including LEGO NXT, VEX, etc. Standing weight capacity of 200 pounds.
What's IncludedBack to top
• 2x gearhead motors
• Steel sprocket and chain drive system
Note: R/C system or microcontroller, battery, motor controller, charger all sold separately
SpecificationsBack to top
• #25 pitch steel chains and sprockets (XL timing pulley drive is a lightweight option)
• 3" diameter rubber caster wheels standard
• Efficient 7-12V all steel geared motors (2A current draw produces 150 oz-in at @300 RPM: Torque constant = @75 oz-in/A continuous rating!)
• Extra-wide gears rated at 500 oz-in continuous torque!
• Stainless steel threaded inserts for easy and fast assembly
• Self aligning 3/8" flanged bearings
• All aluminum structural metal sets (0.090" 5052 and 6061-T6 Alloys)
• Weight: 10 lbs
• Additional Payload Capacity: over 200lbs!
DimensionsBack to top
• Overall width: 13" inches
• Overall Height: 3" inches
• Wheel Base: 10 inches
• Tire Diameter: 3 inches