DescriptionBack to top
• Robust aluminum chassis for your RC or autonomous robot experimentation
• Innovative suspension system
• Customizable using GEARS aluminium parts
• Additional payload capacity: 18 lbs
The GEARS-SMP Mobile Platform is a research quality Surface Mobility Platform designed for University, College and High School programs engaged in real world robotic research. The structural components of the GEARS-SMP chassis are custom manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy tubing suspended on a 1/2" diameter Titanium alloy main axle.
The GEARS-SMP Mobile Platform was conceived for educational programs looking to integrate robotic sensors and control in a robust mobile platform. The platform can be used indoors and outdoors (though waterproofing and weatherproofing is left to the user) and navigates the terrain using an innovative suspension system and skid steering. Although the standard version has a 4.5" ground clearance, the entire platform can be customized, raised or lowered or added to using GEARS-EDS parts sold separately.
The GEARS-SMP Mobile Platform is an robotic engineering product intended for educational programs that wish to integrate the following robotic technologies:
• Remote Visualization
• GPS/Navigation Strategies
• Alternative Energy systems
• Autonomous Control
• Extended Mission Capabilities
The GEARS-SMP Mobile Platform chassis is scalable and customizable. Using GEARS-SMP basic connectors and off the shelf 1-1/4" Aluminum square tubing, it is possible to create mission specific custom chassis configurations. It is also possible to create three different configurations just by ordering different connectors.
See the useful links tab to download a illustrated description of the basic GEARS-SMPchassis parts.
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
What's IncludedBack to top
• 2x 9-hole tubing connectors (longer wheel base than shown in picture)
• 4x 65:1 all-metal gear motors
• Hardware and connectors
• Remote control and speed controller SOLD SEPARATELY
Useful LinksBack to top
MultimediaBack to top
SpecificationsBack to top
• Gross payload capacity: 30 pounds
• Length: 18"; Width: 20"; Height: 13"
• Wheel Base: 10.5 inches
• Tire Diameter: 7 inches
• Standard Ground Clearance: 4.5 inches