DescriptionBack to top
• Special 3 Phase AC alternator
• Designed for students to evaluate the pitch (setting angle) of the profiled blades
• Up to 12 profile blades can be installed for evaluation
• Includes 3 different types of profiled blades and 1 type of Poly-propylene sheet blades
• Comes with an LED Voltmeter / Music Maker Module
• For ages 12 and above
The Horizon FCT WindPitch Wind Turbine Education Kit is a miniature real-working wind turbine (wind power generator) designed for students to evaluate the pitch (setting angle) of the profiled blades. Up to 12 profile blades can be installed for evaluation. Learn how the blade pitch and number of blades affect the power output of the wind turbine to maximize the output power. Experimentation also teaches about stalling or reduction of the wind turbine's rotational speed to protect itself under strong wind conditions.
The WindPitch includes 3 different types of profiled blades and 1 type of Poly-propylene sheet blades in a complete package that allows many blade parameters to be evaluated. The special 3 Phase AC alternator used in the WindPitch is similar to the one used in real commercial wind turbine. The WindPitch comes with an LED Voltmeter / Music Maker Module to demonstrate the power created from the wind energy in the form of musical sounds and illuminated LED lights. Contained inside is a complete curriculum on wind energy with easy to follow experiment manual, assembly guide, and background history on the technology and wind power generators.
Useful LinksBack to top
DimensionsBack to top
• Center: ~5cm diameter
• Total radius (blade mounted to center)" ~17.3cm
• Metal support stand: 25cm high