DescriptionBack to top
• Powerful but user friendly and easy to build sumo wrestling robot
• No Programming Experience Necessary
• Learn the principles of electronic fabrication, programming, and mechanical design
• Note: A computer with a parallel port is required to program the SAM r I
The JCM SAM r I Sumo Robot Kit is a powerful but user friendly and easy to build sumo wrestling robot, the SAM r I is a great kit for learning about the principles of electronic fabrication, programming, and mechanical design. Soldering and assembly required.
Out of the box, it is a great minisumo robot, but may be also used as a competition line follower, soccer bot, or custom programmed to do whatever you like! It is immensely upgradeable and expandable. The kit contains over 40 quality components!
The SAM r I ( Society Autonomous Minisumo Robot, Intelligent: pronounced SAMURI ) was designed at the outset to be easy to build, yet allow the builder to be involved in selecting gear ratios and building his/her own gearbox, bending and forming the metal chassis, soldering the circuit board, and customizing the robots own program.
• Powerful, easy to use Atmel Mega8L processor
• Provisions for Sharp GP2D02 or GP2D12 Rangefinder
• L298 motor controller with up to 4A and 48V drive capacity
• Convenient prototyping area with power
• Full access to all I/O ports
• Powerful 6AA battery pack (9V )
• Dual down facing reflective sensors
• Provided with a detailed 24 page illustrated instructional manual, including theory of operation and suggestions for robot enhancements.
SUMO Sensei Application: No Programming Experience Necessary!
This application, free with the SAM r I, is an all-in-one code generator, compiler, and downloader for your robot. The user can adjust the behavior of the robot using simple sliders, then generate an editable C code which may be adjusted, or downloaded straight into the robot using your computers parallel port.