DescriptionBack to top
• 19 Degrees of freedom humanoid robot
• Upload movement sequences for untethered operation
• Possible to control with wireless PS2 remote (sold separately)
• Requires basic assembly
Come explore the world of educational robotics and a place yourself ahead of the curve, as you learn the fundamentals of robotics, motion control and programming.
The Kumotek KT-X Gladiator Bipedal Robot kit is the first low-cost bi-pedal robot platform of its kind to be offered in North America that (a) can be controlled using a standard wireless PS2 gamepad controller, (b) is easy to use and (c) offers endless hours of entertainment. The KT-X was designed to offer an entertaining, low-cost alternative to high-end robotics, while stylishly combining the latest in sleek design and cutting-edge robotics engineering.
The KT-X Gladiator is capable walking, running, somersaulting and standing up from a face-up or face-down lying position. It can even be programmed to pull itself up autonomously after it has fallen over. It stands 13.5" tall, has 19 servo actuated joints (i.e., 19 degrees of freedom with pivoting hips), a powerful 60MHz HV processor with 512kB ROM / 64kB RAM and comes fully loaded with over 75 preprogrammed acrobatic motions.
The robot also comes with an easy to use programming interface, which is without a doubt the most user-friendly programming utility to date and requires little to no prior experience with robotics or programming.
What's IncludedBack to top
*Package contents may vary depending on the model
SpecificationsBack to top
Kumotek KT-X Gladiator specifications:
• Degrees of Freedom (DOF): 19 total (5 per leg, 3 per arm, one for the head and 2 for pivoting hips).
• Sensors: Servo motor position feedback
• CPU: H8 -- 60MHz HV processor with 512kB ROM / 64kB RAM
• Preloaded with over 75 motion files
• Slider bars for each axis, providing real-time visual feedback of joint positions.
• Drag and drop, or cut and paste motions for easy configuration
• Over 100 motion files included
• Easy to use RF or PS2 gamepad remote control interface for uploading any possible combination of motions.
• Great for educators and classroom environments
• Can upload numerous external demo files for untethered robot demonstrations
DimensionsBack to top
• Weight: 2.9 lbs.