DescriptionBack to top
• Constructed of anodized aircraft aluminum
• No programming is necessary to achieve compliance
• 14 points of motion, 5 degrees of freedom (four fingers and thumb open / close)
• Controlled by any PWM servo controller, microcontroller, or simple RC system
• Intended for animatronics and does not have a substantial gripping force
The MechaTE Robot Hand was developed by Custom Entertainment Solutions to provide a robust mechanical hand platform for any number of applications. The design allows for the programmer to animate this hand quickly (only 5 servos to manage) while giving optimal realistic motion through 14 joints. The sensitivity of the finger compliance can be adjusted by the user. A standardized ½" wrist socket at the back of this hand allows for easy connection to an existing robotic / animatronic figure. Custom Entertainment Solutions can also provide tailor-made animatronic robotics to your specifications.
Any control system that can output a PWM signal between 1.5 and 2.5 µs will work with the 5 Futaba S3114 servos. Very fast animation programs can be made with Visual Servo Automation software from Brookshire Software. Advanced users may wish to control these servos with any other system.
While this hand is designed to have optimal realistic motion for performance, it does not have a substantial grip. That said, some users have added sensors to the fingertips to allow feedback in a closed-loop control system. An example of this is a basic robotics educational course teaching the implementation of a sensor and a servo control system. The advantage is that this hand will not hurt anybody if there are errors in the code.
You receive MechaTE Robot Hand, pre-assembled and tuned out-of-the-box with 5 servo leads ready to plug into your control system. Options to control this hand can be (but are not included):
- Basic radio control system with 5 channels (or less if you use a y-connect servo coupler, producing 2 synced servos to one channel)
- Any microcontroller able to output 5 PWM signals
- Any servo controller able to output five standard servo outputs (and any software you may use to communicate with the servo controller)
- Manual servo tester circuits can be used (for example, five manual servo testers could be coupled to a real human hand essentially creating a "WALDO" type hard-wired control system. Excellent application for a person inside a robot costume)
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
What's IncludedBack to top
Useful LinksBack to top
• MechaTE LE instructions