DescriptionBack to top
• “Ramped up” trainer UAV package
• Hand launched, automatic navigation and landing
• Takes GPS based digital images automatically
• Inexpensive alternative to satellite or flying an airplane over a field
• Offers quick assembly and aerial photography option
• Performs autonomously or with RC control
• Automatic flap management providing steep descent for superior landing capability
• Meets the radio modem standard range 2.4 GHz
The MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider is the “ramped up” trainer UAV package. This trainer uses a sturdy, mass-produced model airplane strengthened for use as a UAV as the basic platform. The MP-Vision can be modified (within limits) to suit your application and is ideally suited as a trainer. At a fraction of the cost, the MP-Vision offers MP2128P Autopilot into an RC airframe. The MP-Vision can perform autonomously or with RC control. The MP-Vision is an essential training tool that can jump-start your UAV program. Please note that MP-Vision will work with MicroPilot accessories. The Crop Cam does not give pre-programmed flights with MP-Vision.
The MP2128P Autopilot is installed and pre-programmed with capability to program your own flight plans. The MP-Vision features automatic flap management providing steep descent for superior landing capability. It meets the radio modem standard range 2.4 GHz or 915 MHz base and remote (2.5 mile range). Every MP-Vision comes test-ready and requires less than one hour of preparation, which involves bolting the tail, attaching the wings and a general check of the system. The unit comes with gains adjusted. Required equipment such as Radio Control (RC) items, laptop and camera are not included. These additional items must be purchased separately.
Aerial Photography Option
A universal camera box is included and a digital camera (not included) can be attached. The Pentax Optio models is recommended. The Pentax has an infrared sensor for the shutter which allows you to use an infrared LED. switch to trigger the shutter through commands given by the autopilot. In addition, Crop Cam has designed a universal camera box that attaches securely to the wing and is held on by elastics bands. The camera and universal camera box together weigh five ounces (145 grams). Also, a carrying case can be purchased locally at Sporting Goods stores. Dimensions, 5.75 in (d), 12.75 in (w) and 51.5 in (l).
Agricultural applications of MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider
The MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider will change the way you manage your crops, fields or any part of your agricultural operation, by providing high resolution GPS based digital images for precision agriculture. The MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider offers images on demand and is an inexpensive alternative to satellite or flying an airplane over a field. It can provide images for agriculture, forestry, oil & gas, surveys, mapping, land management drainage, environmental, and a multitude of other uses. It is highly efficient and user friendly for the commercial market. The average speed of the MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider is 60 km/h. The maximum winds is 30 km/h. The calmer the days, the better your images will be (some example images are shown above).
The MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider provides flexibility and economic deployment that allows for a regular schedule of imagery to be acquired. This opens the door to many land and water environmental monitoring applications which were previously not economically viable.
High resolution imagery gathered from the MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider will allow forest companies and private land owners to assess their woodlots. This includes specie identification and extent as well as volume calculations. More informed and accurate forest cutblock boundary will help ensure these resources stay healthy for future generations.
Precision agriculture has become a buzz word for the agriculture industry and has received growing attention. In addition to GPS mapping, auto steer and variable rate spray, GPS aerial images are being used for crop analysis such as plague scouting, disease scouting and plant development. Traditional aerial images provided by satellite, manned aircraft or stock photography are often expensive, difficult to obtain or outdated. The MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider provides GPS based digital images on demand throughout the growing season. The images obtained through the MicroPilot MP-Vision UAV Glider will allow producers to detect, locate, and better assess the actions required to correct the problem.
These additional items must be purchased separately:
• Radio Control (RC) items
• Digital camera
• Also recommended the purchase of memory card of the model appropriate for the above mentioned camera
• For export, warranty and frequency purposes, the RC Transmitter and receiver are not included and should be purchased locally
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
What's IncludedBack to top
• MP2128P Autopilot
• 2.4 GHz standard range data link
• Ublox GPS receiver and antenna
• HORIZON Ground Control Software
• CropCam Image Software
• One set of lithium polymer batteries (4 pack)
• Training video
• One year technical support For export and warranty purposes
Useful LinksBack to top
• Additional equipment needed
• CropCam Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) FAQs
• CropCam Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Brochure
• UAV Restrictions - North America
• Comparison mp-vision cropcam
SpecificationsBack to top
• Wing span: 8 feet
• Weight: 6 lbs
• Engine (electric): Axi Brushless
• Flying Time: 55 minutes
• Surfaces: Rudder, elevator and ailerons
• Control: MicroPilot's MP2128P autopilot with HORIZONmp Ground Control Software with RC option
• Average Speed: 60 km/h
• Maximum Winds: 30 km/h
• Payload Capability: 5 ounces to 1 pound