DescriptionBack to top
• Detects full range of colors
• Generates 24-bit color using on-board RGB LED
• Power requirements: 5.0 VDC
• RoHS Compliant
The Parallax ColorPAL Color and Light Sensor is a miniature color and light sensor which, through its RGB LED, doubles as a color generator. For sensing color, it uses its LED to illuminate a sample, one color component at a time, along with a broad-spectrum light-to-voltage converter to measure the light reflected back. The amount of light reflected from the sample under illumination from each red, green and blue LED can be used to determine the sample's color.
• Detects a full range of colors, and outputs data as RGB (Red/Green/Blue) components.
• Detects broad-spectrum ambient light with sensitivity down to 44µW/cm2 per lsb.
• Generates 24-bit color using on-board RGB LED.
• Plugs into servo headers (with optional cable) or wireless breadboards.
• Single-pin interface uses a simple serial protocol to define and initiate color detection and generation.
• Color detection and generation details handled by on-board microcontroller.
• On-board EEPROM for saving custom color detection and generation programs.
• Autorun feature permits running a pre-designated EEPROM program with only a power supply.
Note: The Parallax ColorPAL Color and Light Sensor works with non-fluorescent reflective surfaces, preferably those in contact with its light shroud. For a full comparison of the ColorPAL to the TCS3200-DB Color Sensor, please refer to the chart in the ColorPAL documentation, given in useful link tab.
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
DimensionsBack to top
Useful LinksBack to top
• ColorPAL documentation
SpecificationsBack to top
• Communication: Serial 1-Wire (asynchronous serial, open drain)
• Dimensions: 1.72 x 0.90 x 0.65 in (44 x 23 x 17 mm)