DescriptionBack to top
• Design and program high-quality SumoBot Robots for the mini-sumo competition ring
• Consists of a surface-mounted BASIC Stamp® 2 module and an array of infrared sensors
• EEPROM data logging to record your robot's sensor and program states during a match
• RoHS Compliant
The Parallax SumoBot Robot Competition Kit (Serial with USB Adapter and Cable) helps you to design and program two high-quality SumoBot Robots, which can wrestle in the mini-sumo competition ring. The SumoBot Robot Kit consists of a surface-mounted BASIC Stamp® 2 module and an array of infrared sensors to detect your opponent and the edge of the Sumo Ring. Additional components include piezospeakers, resistors, pushbuttons and LEDs to build custom breadboard circuits for program mode selection and sensor state feedback. The hardware package includes black anodized aluminum chassis and scoops, servo motors, wheels, 4AA power packs (batteries not included) mounting standoffs, and screws for complete SumoBot robots.
This kit comes with two printed texts. The SumoBot Manual has assembly instructions and test programs for more SumoBot activities. These step-by-step activities provides competitive edge and expands your skills in Applied Robotics with the SumoBot. The activities also include friction analysis, self-calibrating sensors, memory optimization with multipurpose variables, a sensor flags register and state-machine diagrams for sensor-based navigation. The EEPROM data logging lets you to record your robot's sensor and program states during a match, then display them afterward in the BASIC Stamp Editor's Debug Terminal, which is an excellent way to troubleshoot and analyze the performance of your program strategies.
You can hold your wrestling matches on the durable 36 x 36 in. The SumoBot Robot Competition Ring Poster, designed to use with the instructions and programs included in Applied Robotics with the SumoBot.
Note: Item contains a CdS cell photoresistor. The RoHS exemption request status for CdS cells is currently unclear; there are no RoHS-compliant exact replacement devices available. The 8 AA batteries required, which is not included. Programming SumoBot robots requires a PC running Windows 98/2000/XP with an available serial port or a USB port with a USB-to-serial adapter (#28031). Applied Robotics with the SumoBot builds on concepts introduced in Robotics with the Boe-Bot.
What's IncludedBack to top
• Infrared sensors, LEDs, piezospeakers, resistors, and pushbuttons
• SumoBot Manual with assembly and testing instructions
• Applied Robotics with the SumoBot Stamps in Class text
• Parallax USB to Serial (RS-232) Adapter with Cable
• Serial programming cable
• Parallax CD
• SumoBot Robot Competition Ring poster
• Complete Components Listing Back to top