DescriptionBack to top
• 3-Axis tabletop vertical milling machine (inch)
• CNC-Upgrade Ready ( )
• Create 3D custom parts in metal, plastic and more!
• Create custom 3D molds for production
• Computer and software (3D CAD and CNC) sold separately
• Many additional parts included to get started.
• Available in metric or imperial
Sherline's 3-Axis CNC Ready Tabletop Vertical Milling Machine Package includes many parts and information required to get started in 3-axis machining. This "CNC ready" configuration requires the addition (and installation) of stepper motors and CNC controls. In this configuration the standard handwheels are supplied so that they can be used on the rear shaft of a dual shaft stepper motor for optional manual control. Assembly is required, but is not difficult. You can specify CNC (inch) or CNC (metric) in the options above.
Sherline's 3-Axis CNC Ready Tabletop Vertical Milling Machine Package is based around the 5000-series mills, Sherline's most economical tabletop mills, and are a great starting point for any miniature machine shop. They feature a solid 10" (254mm) aluminum base, precision machined dovetailed slides with adjustable gibs, permanently lubricated spindle bearings, adjustable preload anti-backlash feed scArews on the X- and Y-axes, two 1-5/8" (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels, one 2-1/2" (63mm) laser engraved handwheel with thrust bearings, and many other features found only on the best commercial machines. These are some of the most affordable CNC machines on the market!
Main image is representative of the package contents
Image #2 shows completed CNC 3 axis mill with desktop computer.
Image #3 shows basic 5000 milling machine (not the CNC model)
Note: CNC-Upgrade Ready ( required)
Note: Computer and software (3D CAD and CNC) sold separately
Note: Consider Linux CNC as a free CNC software.
Supplier Product CodeBack to top
What's IncludedBack to top
• Step block hold-down set
• 5/32" hex T-driver
• 3-pc. center drill set
• Fly cutter
• 3-pc. mill collet set
• Jacobs 1/4" tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
• 3/8" end mill holder
• 6-pc. 3/8" shank double ended end mill set
• Milling vise
• Sherline Shop Guide book
*stepper motor mounts installed and handwheels separate (cannot be used manually)
DimensionsBack to top
• Throat 2.25" (50 mm)
• X-Axis Travel 8.38" (213 mm)
• Y-Axis Travel 3.00" (76 mm)
• Z-Axis Travel 6.25" (159 mm)
• Spindle nose external thread 3/4 -16
• Spindle nose internal taper #1 Morse
• Spindle through hole .405" (10 mm)
• Handwheel Graduations .001" (.01 mm)
• Table Size 2.75" x 13" (70 mm x 330 mm)
• Spindle speed range 70-2800 RPM (Electronically controlled)
• Width overall 14.75" (375 mm)
• Depth overall 11.75" (298 mm)
• Max. Height (Incl. motor) 20.75" (527 mm)
• Shipping Weight 33 lb (115.0 kg)