Free shipping on orders over $200

absoute beginner

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-09 19:24 
 Post subject: absoute beginner
Hello, I'm sort of new to all of this in many respects, I'm from England and bought a lynx motion kit a few years ago from an english robotics retailer. I bought a basic atom and bot board 2. Sadly I was unaware just how little programming lititure would come with it all. I've read the atoms user manual from the micro basic website and even went as far as to try a picaxe micro controller with the same result. I've bought books (online) which once I've got hold of them I've discovered they require prior knowledge of the Basic programming language, tried learning that but the books I've read have nothing on servos. Basically what I'm asking is can anyone point me in the direction of a book or website that will help me learn to program this controller for use with servos quickly and easily. I'm just sick of reading things that will happily give you a fully explained example of how to switch an led on and off but give virtually no info on the ins and outs of servo control. Any help would be much appriciated as I'm almost ready to give up. Thanks

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-10 09:47 
 Post subject: Re: absoute beginner
I'm afraid I'm unaware of any books that help with servo control but I do know the code used for basic control of the servos with the Bot Board II and the Atom Pro 28 pin - I've added some notes as well to help explain.

Hope this helped! :mrgreen:

Attachment:
servo angles.bas [757 Bytes]
Downloaded 69 times

Posted: 2012-03-11 05:29 
Thanks I'll take a look and go from there

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-11 17:25 
I had a look, this was the sort of thing I was meaning. I've seen that over there you have a lot of workshop days and things, just wish I could find something like that over here,. I'm fine on the building side, fabricating my own parts and all, just haven't seemed to be able to make sense of the programming side, maybe just impatient. Anyway thanks again.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-12 11:37 
Dont know if you have seen this on the Lynxmotion website It takes a bit to learn from scratch but with the help of the users on this forum you can get a leg up on the learning curve.