First things first:
- Did you successfully operate the rover with the USB cable connected to the rover? If not, do that first, before proceeding with Bluetooth. The Rover needs to be physically connected to the computer via USB, and the Baud rate in Hyperterminal needs to match that used in the code.
- Next, ensure your computer has a Bluetooth connection (one is not supplied in the new kits because many people already have one) and plug the BT module into the rover; we encourage you to use XBee slot 1 because you still have access to the switch (this determines which XBee module is connected to the Tx/Rx pins).
- Ensure the switch is set to XBee1. Turn the rover on and pair with the BT module from the computer. The pairing code is 1234.
- Once you have paired with it, open Hypterminal, set the Baud rate to what was used in the code, try Xon / Xoff.
- You should be able to press the WASD keys to get the rover to move. If it does not, try Hardware.
Putting Robotics at your service!™
Imagine it. Build it. Control it.™