Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

game wireless control compatibility by brands (updated)

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2008-10-15 11:50 
hello guys it's me again i need some info about the compatibility of wireless ps2 controllers, its possible to find a list of these controllers that have worked with your kits? most exactly with the atom pro microcontroller.

im going to use a genius controller, the model is the wireless blaze.

The thing that i like from this controller is the macro function :) (i mean the controller is able to make a combination or sequence of buttons only pressing one button!) i tested it on my ps2 and it works great with figthing games such as mortal kombat or bloody roar. :P

well i think im leaving from the original topic :? then let's back to the thing i like to doing:

i wanna make some custom biped robot that respond to a combination or sequence send from the controller with the macro function, i wanna make it to store more moves (or maybe a supermove) to show it in a demostration round or in a sumo combat.

i hope some user or master had a similar project with a controller like that
i really pappreciate your help!

Last edited by Hararion on 2012-02-14 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2008-10-15 12:25 
The receiver module in the image looks the same as the ones we sell. This means it may be from the same manufacturer. Beyond that observation I can't say if it will work well or not. From my experience though I have not found any version except one mad by Logitec that would never work. I have had great results from Pelican and Mad Catz.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2008-10-15 12:43 
but there are a small problem... i don't know these brands the pelican and mad catz, but the only thing i know is the controller i mentioned before is made by KYE systems corp.

I want to know god's thoughts, the rest are details!!!

Last edited by Hararion on 2008-10-20 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2008-10-15 13:34 
sorry, i uploaded the wrong image, this is the controller exactly the one i have:

as you look, the receiver is kinda different... i hope this will work.
The controller is made by KYE Systems corp.

:arrow: if there any list of compatible controllers different from madcatz and pelikan, that has been succesfully tested by yours or other users, please let me know i try to find the controller here...

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-11 13:02 
hello friends! well, yesterday one of my friends comes needing help to build a rover, he also have his own botboard and SSC32, the only thing we don't have is the PS2 wireless controller. But he have 2 mad catz (i didn't know how hell he found them) one is a X-box controller and the other is a GameCube controller, both are wireless and both are Mad catz.

Now my question: there are any roboteer, guru, master, or wizard that have used those kind of controllers with botboard II with the basic atom pro chip and SSC32?

any code, info or advice on how to make them work properly with the lynxmotion kit is welcome!

thanks

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-14 17:08 
Hello friends! I finally found a pelican ps2 controller! is a a pelican predator s-type PL-697 :o but i have a small question:

i know that this controller can be turned off by pressing the select and the start buttons at the same time, but i can-t figure out how to activate its vibration feature, anyone have a manual for this controller? ill put some photos to help in the search for the manual.

Note 1: I've tested on my ps2 and it works great (well, except for the vibration issue)
Note 2 : I'll make more tests to uncover more things...