Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

i lose my visual sequencer SSC32...(solved!!!)

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]

1, 2
Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-01-26 20:33 
first, please pardon me if i wrote bad English, my native language is Spanish.

hello friends! i was away so long time from here, but i wrote here, because i have lost my software visual sequencer, i got it from dynamo electronics around year 2008 here in Colombia, but after a painfully disk failure about 3 months ago, (well, my computer stop working by a lethal confiker virus, and the disk was damaged :shock: )i have to purchase an one new disk for my PC and re install everything, :( but when i found the visual sequencer CD, i was surprised when i saw a huge crack in its surface :x (like someone hits it with a hammer), I've tried to install it, but it can't make a successful install, after this crap situation, i was so lucky to have an external hard disk backup with all software, but when i checked it i was surprised that i made a copy of the visual sequencer!!! :mrgreen: , i installed it, but my happiness dropping down due to a lack of password... :x I've tried to recover it from the damaged CD, with no luck... then, i wrote to dynamo electronics to get the password, or re purchase the software, but at this moment i didn't receive any response...

i got some questions:

1) (because dynamo electronics didn't response my emails for months, i think they no longer exist... anymore...) Well, they now respond me , so they're sill alive! :wink:

2) there's any chance to get a new password for the visual sequencer?, or i need to purchase again the CD?
My version was the 1.14.

3) (there are no more lynxmotion distributors here in Colombia, so in the case that i need to purchase the software, where i can buy this software here in Colombia?) well, now the distributor exist, so this question isn't useful...

4) there is any way to purchase the software with no credit card? (well it's because I'm tired of the plastic money and there's a lot of taxes that sucks all the money in my account...) so i didn't have any credit card.

thanks for the help.

I want to know god's thoughts, the rest are details!!!

Last edited by Hararion on 2012-02-09 15:26, edited 5 times in total.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-01-30 11:36 
Send me an email at webmaster@lynxmotion.com with a photo of your CD as proof of purchase and we'll get you taken care of!

THANKS I COULD HELP BRO

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-04 14:57 
Snailkeeper (Admin) wrote:
Send me an email at webmaster@lynxmotion.com with a photo of your CD as proof of purchase and we'll get you taken care of!

well.. i never expect that you made me that kind of request, but I think this is useless, because I've thrown that CD directly to my trash can about... 2 weeks ago... :cry: only remember about the lynxmotion CD label is white and it comes with the lynxmotion logo on the left side and the seq word in the opposite side... also the envelope comes with the seq word in the bottom in red and capital letters...

but by the other way, at least, dynamo electronics finally have answered my replies, but the problem now is the fact that they don't have the visual sequencer software, and they are offering me the rios, but i catch another question, this software is compatible to manage any kind of robots like the visual sequencer? it's because the rios is a software to operate a robotic arm, not a hexa or bipedal robot...

well, i think is better to buy a new one, because it is the last version and it comes fresh and ready to work...

anyway, thanks for the help.

Last edited by Hararion on 2012-02-04 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-04 15:03 
how about this?

The Lynx Servo Sequencer software is a free FlowStone-based program that uses movable boxes to create an interactive and visual method of creating complex routines for your robots.
http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-832-free-do ... encer.aspx

Create, Innovate, Inspire.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-04 15:09 
innerbreed wrote:
how about this?

The Lynx Servo Sequencer software is a free FlowStone-based program that uses movable boxes to create an interactive and visual method of creating complex routines for your robots.
http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-832-free-do ... encer.aspx

well... i think this software will work...ill try it, thanks for the info! :o

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-04 15:56 
:arrow: well I've tested the program and...i wasn't convinced because it's window can't be stretched or modified... :? in result, i can't see the half of the program: :x
also, i can't see the numbers inside the boxes... I'm only see some sort of Braille code symbols... :shock: and for the last, because i was unable to view all of the software window, I didn't know if this software can be used to generate atom pro code... :(
I've tried to change the window size, and the screen resolution with no luck...

here is a link with a best resolution:

http://x67.xanga.com/d22f85444873328079 ... 688460.jpg

anyway, thanks for the help...

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-06 17:27 
I'm currently investigating the problems you're having.

Can you provide me with the resolution of your screen?

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-06 17:38 
The problem is that the minimum Screen resolution is 1366x768

I'm going to change the program up to make it fit a much smaller screen. So watch this thread for future updates.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-06 22:29 
:arrow: Hello Wizard dev5994! thanks for the reply, :o my screen resolution is 1024 X 768, i can switch even to 1280 X 800, but the windows becomes small and some objects (such as the rainmeter software i have) becomes distorted at the maximum resolution, but even at that maximum resolution i can't see the program screen completely, also my computer is unable to manage such great resolution, it becomes unstable and eventually the system crash... :? so i prefer the 1024 X 768 resolution to avoid hassles... at this resolution my computer rocks! :mrgreen: and... could you solve me a small question? this software can make Basic Atom pro code? the visual sequencer did that with great results... i wonder if this can generate the code... it makes so easy to reprogram the botboard II and the SSC32 perfect to make quick fast modifications.

Also, I can make you a request? could you add to the program custom color to servo boxes? i liked that feature a lot on the other visual sequencer software...

Thanks for the Great help! :wink:

also, i wrote to dynamo electronics store again and they told me that the visual sequencer software is currently out of stock, so i need to wait about 2 or 3 months to get a new CD... i hate to wait so long (because I'm in a middle of a project) and i prefer to finish it.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 02:11 
You don't say what you are needing the software for, but you can make some web based servo control setups for no $$$ investment. The below goes back a long way, but might be of interest until you get your software replaced.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3204&hilit=slider

http://web.comporium.net/~shb/S2000video.htm

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 10:58 
Hararion,

If you can provide us with any sort of proof you purchased the program we will set you up with a new copy. Give us something...

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 11:21 
well Zoomcat actyally my project does'nt support web based control. is a standalone one, ill explain my project:

i'm making now some sort of autopilot to drive a radio-controlled aircraft, but this aircraft isn't normal, is a ship from the cowboy bebop anime series:

as you can see, this model is kinda difficult to control under normal conditions due to it's short fuselage length, so I'm making some sort of super auto-pilot stabilizer system with the SSC32 and botboard II to ensure not to crash it in the first flight.

the ship will have two ailerons per surface to ensure secure and accurate control, so it need eight servos, only to control the roll and pitch...other two are need to add force for the vertical wing stabilizers to do drift flights, and one more servo in the tail to do long plain turns like the red's barons Fokker plane.

so, i need to control all the servos almost in real time, to avoid loss of control and then to secure all flight under total control.

in total this ship will have 2 meters in wingspan, so it's a big aircraft to maneuver. Also i need to control a Gopro camera inside it's acrylic sphere. so i need to control lots of servos with a limited 6 channel Radio control...

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 11:47 
You don't need the SSC-32 and you don't need the Sequencer program. You need a flight controller. You can use something like the MultiWii which is arduino based and supports a 10 axis IMU. You could also use the Bot Board II with Atom Pro and add to it an IMU. The first solution already has a code base.

viewtopic.php?p=76807#p76807

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 12:16 
Robot Dude wrote:
Hararion,

If you can provide us with any sort of proof you purchased the program we will set you up with a new copy. Give us something...

OK ill try to find something truthful proof of the purchase, because I've thrown all the possible proofs to the trash can, so give me some time while I'm find something real to show...

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-07 12:35 
Robot Dude wrote:
You don't need the SSC-32 and you don't need the Sequencer program. You need a flight controller. You can use something like the MultiWii which is arduino based and supports a 10 axis IMU. You could also use the Bot Board II with Atom Pro and add to it an IMU. The first solution already has a code base.

viewtopic.php?p=76807#p76807

yeah , but i can't find here in Colombia any place to buy the arduino controller nor the wiimotion... those two causes me a headache because here in Colombia is impossible to find them... this is the reason i use the botboard and the SSC32 because (at least) there are one distributor here.

another thing: I'm not use an IMU, I'm using an advanced infra-red horizon detection device based in thermophiles and a photo resistance to make the stabilization control, because the accelerometers are too sensitive to vibrations, and the giros accumulates drift errors. For the altitude i'm using the GPS device to adjust the parameter.

by the way, this is one of many projects i doing, and i need the visual sequencer to make movements more easy when i make this sort of projects or when i make a hexa or biped robot. in this moment i have no robots in service, due to this complex project...

1, 2