Lynx Servo Sequencer

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]

1, 2
Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-09 17:12 
 Post subject: Lynx Servo Sequencer
I've put together the first version of the Lynx Servo Sequencer which is meant to replace the Lynxmotion Visual Sequencer after its final release.

Attachment:
Lynx Servo Sequencer V0_2_3.PNG
Lynx Servo Sequencer V0_2_3.PNG [ 158.1 KiB | Viewed 3919 times ]

Setup

Before you can use the Lynx Servo Sequencer you must create a folder name "Flowstone" without the quotes in your personal documents folder on your computer.

The file path should look like this "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Flowstone"

The Sequencer

The Sequencer is set up so that each servo has its own movable box. Each servo box inside the Black Rectangle can be repositioned to anywhere inside the rectangle.

On opening the program it will continuously search for a connected SSC-32 and automatically open the com port and display the version number once one is found. Only com ports 1-20 are searched

Each servo box has a corresponding toggle switch located in the blue box labeled "Servo Enable"
When a switch is green the servo box it represents will show up on the screen, however if the switch is grey then the servo box will be hidden.

To drag the servo boxes around click and drag the blue tab at the top of each box.

The Sequencer flow is controlled via the row of green buttons at the bottom if the program window.
-The < > buttons scroll through the steps in the sequence.
-The = button replaces the current step with any changes currently made to the servo boxes.
-The + button inserts the current servo positions directly after the current step.
-The X button deletes the current step in the sequence.
-The Play button will step through the entire sequence without stopping.
-The Stop button will stop the playing sequence exactly where it's at and switch off the play loop feature.

The Play Loop switch when On will cause the playing sequence to continue at the beginning when it reaches the end of the sequence.
-Switching off the Loop feature during a play loop will not stop the sequence, instead it will allow the sequence to finish.

Saved Positions

The Saved Positions list enables the user to save any position for later use with a label of identification.

To Add the Current Live Command to the list click the 'Add' button. A name prompt will appear and you must type a unique name for the command. Clicking 'okay' will add the command with its label to the bottom of the list.

To insert a saved command simply click of the label of the position to insert it directly under the yellow highlighted box in the Commands list.

To Delete a saved command click 'Remove' and then select the command you wish to delete. A confirmation prompt will ask if you're sure and then remove the command and label from the list permanently.

Calibration of the servos

When you first open the sequencer every servo box will have a small yellow caution triangle in the corner. This means that the servo has not been calibrated and is using the default values.

The calibration of your servos is OPTIONAL but is completely recommended if you plan to share your sequences with others or use another person's sequence.
You need only to calibrate the servos that will be used in the sequence.

To calibrate your servos double click on the caution flag and follow the pictures.
Once you have calibrated a servo the caution flag will turn to a green circle. This circle can be double clicked to reopen the calibration process.

Attachment:
Lynx Servo Sequencer V0_2_3.exe [1.78 MiB]
Downloaded 268 times
Attachment:
LynxServoSequencerV0_2_3.fsm [484.47 KiB]
Downloaded 196 times

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-09 17:20 
 Post subject: Re: Lynx Servo Sequencer
Interesting! :D

Are you planning to support the GP player, uploading to the EEPROM, importing and exporting sequences too?
Also several groups (not just A and B) would be useful.

When I find time for it I'll check out more around your work.

http://zentasrobots.com/
Zenta's YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/ZentaOlbaid
-----------------------------------------

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-09 17:31 
We've briefly discussed the EEPROM but I've yet to do anything with it as of late. Same thing goes for the GP player.
I plan on adding support for these features though so you can look forward to that in later versions.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by several groups?

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-09 22:50 
MUST we use the path:

The file path should look like this "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Flowstone"

I don't put files under documents, I prefer to use my own file structure.

Alan KM6VV

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-15 10:53 
For now, yes. As of now Flowstone is not capable of creating new directories so i have to make sure that the path I use is easy for all users to create themselves.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-15 13:06 
Hi,
Dev5994 wrote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by several groups?

Check out page 8 on the SEQ manual and read about the group function.
I would like the option to have more than two groups, 3 groups would help though.

An even better function would be to incorporate different IK modules within the application. That would be a powerful tool for making unique sequences for a biped, quad or a hexapod. Well. that's the reason for why I made PEP..

http://zentasrobots.com/
Zenta's YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/ZentaOlbaid
-----------------------------------------

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2011-06-15 13:30 
I'm working on the groups now. The entire functionality is going to be much more fluid than it was in the seq. I'll talk to jim about the ik modules. These suggestions are a big help.

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-01-04 03:34 
Got a newbie question. I downloaded the servo sequencer to play with, to run with the free version of Flowstone. It seems to open fine, but I get an error message that I'm about 24,500 modules over my limit. Is this normal? I'd find it hard to believe that there are that many modules in the sequencer.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-01-04 10:41 
the module count in the free version is actually the total count between the primitives and the modules. So things like math operations and string manipulation add up pretty quick. There's actually a total count of 79259 objects in this program.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-04 16:42 
hello friends! well, because i have lost my visual seq software (see the topic)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7949
i ended up here because innerbreed recommended me that software, but in my case this didn't work so well, i can't change the size of that window, then i can't see the complete window even changing my computer screen resolution... any clues about this graphics failure? and the other issue is about the numbers inside the servo boxes, i can only see some sort of braille code? why?

my computer is a Hewlett Packard laptop Intel core 2 CPU @ 1.7Ghz, 2 GB of ram and a mobile Intel 945GM express chip-set family board. For the video it uses an Intel GMA950 with 128Mb.

about the SO, is a windows XP professional service pack 3.

Thanks for the help.

I want to know god's thoughts, the rest are details!!!

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-09 17:38 
There's a new version that will work on screens as small as 1024x768 at http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-832-free-download-lynx-servo-sequencer.aspx

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-11 17:28 
thanks wizard dev 5994! :o ill try it now!!! :mrgreen:

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-11 17:48 
you have done a great work!!!, now it fits perfect in my screen, but well, I still have problems, when i try to access to calibration function on the servo boxes (the yellow triangle on the upper right corner in the servo boxes) , it won't work, but i figure out to open that function by single right-clicking on them (not left double-clicking), but when i goes to the fifth dialog box i catch a blank box, an then it starts again from the beginning. As a result, I can't go out of this dialog box. i can't figure out how to get out of that box and I'm stuck here... (see the image below)

:arrow: note # 1: there's a small rounded "X" button on the screen near the channel 0 servo box, i pressed it with no luck.

:arrow: note # 2: after i've arranged all the servos, i've noticed that the braille code attacks again...
(see this: http://x3b.xanga.com/d56e14543933228085 ... 735046.bmp)

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-12 17:27 
i'll get right to work on fixing this calibration process.

can you describe the steps you take to recreate the braille problem?

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-12 19:35 
Dev5994 wrote:
can you describe the steps you take to recreate the braille problem?

at this moment I've spotted three ways to create them:

:arrow: step 1: enable necessary servo boxes
step 2: move them to its desired position (sometimes when i try to move the box that is over to another box, i hit the slider button in the rear box and move it instead of the blue bar to move the box) then braille code occurs... :?

:arrow: other instant when this code attacks is when i save a project, when the program shows the dialog box it makes a screen glitch (i mean the program screen disappear for a very short time, then appears almost instantly, but with the braille code instead of numbers.) :?

:arrow: other way when the braille code attacks is when i open a project, and in the time while the program opens the document, it reorganizes the boxes then the code braille appears... :?

i have a small suggestion: could you make the servo boxes a little smaller? them are still big... please compare the images:
Flowstone seq: http://x3b.xanga.com/d56e14543933228085 ... 735046.bmp
commercial seq: http://xb6.xanga.com/6f4f96242863028086 ... 742213.png

here is it, three ways to create chaos... :twisted: i hope this may help. :mrgreen:

1, 2