Lynx Servo Sequencer

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]

1, 2
Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-13 17:56 
 Post subject: Re: Lynx Servo Sequencer
i haven't been able to recreate the braille problem.

Have you made any changes to your default windows fonts?
Can you recreate the problem on another computer?

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-02-14 12:54 
Dev5994 wrote:
i haven't been able to recreate the braille problem.

Have you made any changes to your default windows fonts?
Can you recreate the problem on another computer?

no, i didn't made any changes... and about to recreate the problem ill try this on another computer, and when i make the test ill report the results here.

I want to know god's thoughts, the rest are details!!!

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-11 05:22 
Hi,

we want to use your program in a school project to show children the state of “real robotics” these days; in contrast the one they know from the movies. Due to the constraints (age, available time) we wanted to use your program, which we believe works best. However, the default speed setting is quite high and we are afraid they might accidentally stab each other's eye. Would it be possible for you to either provide the current source code or a version with lower speeds (say 250-500 or so). That would be great.

Thanks!

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-12 16:43 
I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing but the speed setting is a tad misleading. The speed setting does not actually set the rate that the arm will move at but the time the arm will take to move. So the higher the speed setting the slower the arm will move. Should probably change the label to time instead of speed :oops:

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-13 12:52 
Ah I see. Would it still possible to get the source or a fixed version that limits the speed (or forces a larger time interval)? It would be nice if this constraint was applied to setting the servos manually, e.g. when recording a sequence. I can hack it myself, but it costs too much time to start from scratch, since your program is already pretty solid.

Thanks!

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-14 17:03 
Do you mean increase the lowest speed possible? So instead of 500ms to move make it maybe 1000ms to move? This kind of change isn't doable as most users are going to want the arm to move faster than that. And I'm sorry but i no longer release my program source code...

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-14 17:15 
Yeah, exactly like that. Please note that I have a very special use case (educate 12-14 year old children), so I totally agree the slower movement shouldn't be default for everyone. Could you make the default speed configurable or provide a version with the time interval increased for our project? I can provide an email address via pn if you do not wish to post that version publicly. The project will get a webpage once completed, so I can likely offer photos in return (if the children agree, that is). -- Thanks

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-14 17:43 
I can create a version specific to your needs as it's such a small change. What kind of time would you like the arm to take? If you're not going for speed and just for the idea then two seconds a move would be slow enough to not cause an injury.

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-14 18:00 
Great! 2s sounds about right, so I'll gladly take that :)

Am I correct in assuming that adjusting the sliders simply sets the new position of the servos and is not subject to the speed/time setting? I believe this won't be much of a problem, but if it's a simple change as well, having a “speed limit” there would be nice. Don't bother if it's too much trouble, the speed change is already very helpful.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-15 15:57 
The Speed setting is how long the entire move will take. The SSC-32 does all sorts of complicated math to make sure that all the servos in a move start and stop at the same time. Adjusting the sliders changes the servos position for that move. The speed setting applies to all of the servos.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-15 16:32 
Here's a Custom version of the Sequencer. The minimum speed setting is 2000ms and there is a switch now that can toggle between realtime reaction and slowed reaction. no install is needed, just run the file.

Download the file using this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12992509/Lynx%20Servo%20Sequencer%20Custom.exe

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-05-13 23:09 
hello! i was so busy recently, but finally, i was able to test the flow stone lynx software on another computer and now the braille code didn't appears :) , but the boxes are still big and the window graphics are not displaying correctly again... :shock: i think this program needs some auto screen scaling code to solve this graphics issue... :wink: also I've stuck inside the calibration process... :twisted: now i was wandering why the braille problem only occurs on my laptop... :? i have check my entire laptop to spot something wrong without any luck... :?: every hardware and every driver is up to date and working flawlessly on my laptop, and there's no reason why this braille attacks occurs... :evil: in the other computer, I've tried to recreate the braille attack, but this thing never happens... :!:

i have run out of ideas... i can't solve this mystery... :?: any clues? :?

:arrow: thanks for the time...

I want to know god's thoughts, the rest are details!!!

1, 2