Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

Nitro Wall Scrubber NC71 Code RB-Spr-02

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-20 11:05 
I just acquiered one and notices it was taking too long to clean the entire pool: 3m by 7m long. The cable coils up excesively. Read the trouble shooting and made sure all steps were covered, including amount of cord in pool, obstructions, clogged filter bag, bottom lid placement, and debris in track. The pool bottom is covered in sediment, so I can easily tell where the robot has been. It seems to be running in circles and does not cover the entire area. Any ideas?

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-20 11:27 
There are several things that would need to be verified in this case, and we see that you have mentioned a few.

Do you turn off your pools filtration system when the robot is cleaning? It is recommended to do so, since the robot can be pushed by the current it causes.

Also, if the pool is too dirty and slimy during the first few cleaning cycles, it is normal that the robot reacts differently. This robot is made to maintain your pool clean, so once it i cleaned, the robot will maintain it much better.

You mentioned a lot of sediments, these sediments can clog the filter bag very easily. When you verify the filter bag, it may seem as though there is not a lot of debris inside the bag but, the pores of the bag can still be clogged. We do see this often at the beginning of the pool season or with customers that purchase new cleaners and they have a lot of debris to clean. We therefore, suggest cleaning the filter bag thoroughly several times during the first few cleanings.

RobotShop inc.
Putting Robotics at your service!™
www.robotshop.com

Lynxmotion
Imagine it. Build it. Control it.™
www.lynxmotion.com

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-21 11:14 
Thank you,
I think I just need to be patient. I did make sure the filttering system was off during robot cycle, and perhaps the cogging of the bag with the sediment hast a lot more to do with my problema. It is much cleanner now and I should continue and see if it starts reacting differently.

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-03-31 12:03 
OK,
I've tested again, but now I'm pretty sure something's wrong. The robot seems to just go over a samall piece of the pool. It goes in circles and excesively coils the cable in a very short amount of time. It should be covering my entire square pool (7 m x 3 m) in an hour. I brought a profesional to clean it and tried the robot a week after that. The bottom was pretty much clean, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-04-02 12:12 
Jose, can you please verify if both the robots drive motors appear to be turning? It sounds like one may not be turning and therefore causing the robot to turn in circles. Please make sure there is nothing stuck in the tracks that would prevent it from turning properly.

Also make sure that the bottom lid and filter is not installed properly. Improper installation will cause the robot to move only a few feet.

Finally, if you test the cleaner without the filter bag, does it react the same way?

RobotShop inc.
Putting Robotics at your service!™
www.robotshop.com

Lynxmotion
Imagine it. Build it. Control it.™
www.lynxmotion.com