Free shipping on orders over $200

Programming my Hexapod

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]

1, 2
Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2011-03-29 14:59 
Thanks Zenta, things are becoming more clearer. I know PappaNiklas there are lots of us learning here on steep learning curves. I do have some more questions.
Xan Phoenix code was that created using the PowerPod? If so how easy or hard is it to create a programme? My next question is about using PEP. From what I know about it is that you can create sequences within this excel programme and then import it to Visual Sequencer. Is it possible to store a sequence as well as the phoenix code on the micro-controller? I came across some pre-made sequences which are built for phoenix http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/proj098.htm

How would one go about using one of these pre-made sequences?

Many Thanks

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2011-04-01 10:58 
Hi I've 3 more questions:
I have my legs offset 15° from the body but it doesn't seem to update in the body and coxa sheet on the graph, the legs stay in the same position on the graph as if they were at 60º. They figures change the RR, RF, LR and LF to 45° but they are highlighted in red. This can be seen in the picture below.

Also when I want to move the legs up I must use the down button and vice versa, what could be the problem here?

When I go to export the file and save as I don't get the option to save it as a csv(semicolon seperated) ive added a screen grab of my options.

All help is greatly appreciated as its my FYP and the deadline is Monday.

Attachment:
Excel save as options.JPG
Excel save as options.JPG [ 30.76 KiB | Viewed 1240 times ]
Attachment:
Body and Coxa.JPG
Body and Coxa.JPG [ 189.88 KiB | Viewed 1240 times ]
Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-04-05 09:21 
zenta wrote:
mark11original wrote:
My question is what does the "c" stand for before each word e.g. cRRTibiaMax1 con 770 and what does the "con" stand for? Also in the example Ive given why is the angle -770. Does this mean 77?

The "c" stand for constant, the con declare the constant. Xan uses fixed point calcs for better angle resolution. -770 means -77,0 deg.
Another side note, If a variable name ends with a number. The last digit gives the number of decimals. so:
- cRRTibiaMax1 tells you that -770 has 1 decimal and = -77.0.
- sinA4 = 415 makes 0.0415
- This one is tricky: IKA24 has 4 decimals, not 24 ;)

Xan

http://www.youtube.com/xanore

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-04-05 09:32 
mark11original wrote:
Xan Phoenix code was that created using the PowerPod?
Nope, The phoenix code is build from scratch.

mark11original wrote:
My next question is about using PEP. From what I know about it is that you can create sequences within this excel programme and then import it to Visual Sequencer. Is it possible to store a sequence as well as the phoenix code on the micro-controller
Premade sequences can be uploaded to the SSC if you got the correct firmware (and a EEPROM) installed. The SSC firmware version number should end with GP. Once you've got the sequence done you can upload it using Visual Sequencer. Once the sequences are stored in the SSC it is possible to play them with the GP player. The phoenix code supports the GP player which makes it possible to play a sequence by pushing on a button.

Xan

http://www.youtube.com/xanore

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2011-04-14 07:36 
Thanks Xan. Wow that is impressive building that code from scratch, . I would love to find out more on how it works. Is it all based on inverse kinematics?

Xan wrote:
mark11original wrote:
Xan Phoenix code was that created using the PowerPod?
Nope, The phoenix code is build from scratch.

Xan wrote:
Premade sequences can be uploaded to the SSC if you got the correct firmware (and a EEPROM) installed. The SSC firmware version number should end with GP. Once you've got the sequence done you can upload it using Visual Sequencer. Once the sequences are stored in the SSC it is possible to play them with the GP player. The phoenix code supports the GP player which makes it possible to play a sequence by pushing on a button.

Xan

I have the correct firmware and the EEPROM installed. I was able to make a sequence using the PEP software, I followed the manual all the way but when it came to saving the file as a csv file (semicolon separated) excel didn't give me the option. I have added screen grabs which are in my post above. How would I get by this problem? I also came across some more issues which I have mentioned in the same post. Any ideas are welcome as I really want to get a sequence on my Hexapod.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2011-04-14 09:33 
mark11original wrote:
Hi I've 3 more questions:
I have my legs offset 15° from the body but it doesn't seem to update in the body and coxa sheet on the graph, the legs stay in the same position on the graph as if they were at 60º. They figures change the RR, RF, LR and LF to 45° but they are highlighted in red. This can be seen in the picture below.

Changing the coxa offset in the Setup sheet to 15 deg mean that you also need to update "Limit angle values" in the same sheet. 15 deg offset also mean that when the coxa are set to 0 deg the coxa will stay in a 15 deg position relative to the X-axis.

mark11original wrote:
Also when I want to move the legs up I must use the down button and vice versa, what could be the problem here?

What Up/Down button are you referring to? The Up/Down in the individual leg section move the leg up when clicking up. The Up/Down button in the "move actions" section move the body up when clicking up (this means that the leg move downward)

mark11original wrote:
When I go to export the file and save as I don't get the option to save it as a csv(semicolon seperated) ive added a screen grab of my options.

A little tip when posting Q's on the forum is to use the search function first. I knew that I had read about this problem before so I simply made a search on "PEP csv semicolon", then one of these posts came up:

Xan wrote:
needinput wrote:
Hi pyrrhicpk, hear that your phoenix is standing up and can move. Congradulation!! I'm for several weeks, now only going to start on my Phoenix. I have a question to ask you. How you actually export the PEP out and import into VSEQ ? I'm using Excel 2000 and when I was trying to save as CSV file, I only can find CSV (Comma Delimiter), I can't get Semicolon seperator. I'm using Excel 2000 Premium. Please help! Thanks!

You can change the seperator in the regional settings of your pc.

Start->Control panel->Regional and language options.
Then click "customize this format" on the "Formats" tab.

Xan

Hope this helps.

http://zentasrobots.com/
Zenta's YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/ZentaOlbaid
-----------------------------------------

1, 2