Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

Wireless Lynxmotion PS2 controller problems

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-18 10:43 
I have connected the lynxmotion controller cable to the Bot Board II and inserted the wireless receiver module. The controller is the lynxmotion wireless PS2 controller. I followed the tutorial on the website, connected a 9 volt battery to VL and a 6 volt battery to VS.

At first, the green light on the wireless module was solid and the red one was blinking rapidly, after a few minutes I noticed that only the green light was on solid, and the red one was off. I may have unplugged and plugged back in the receiver once within those few minutes.

Can someone tell me what may be wrong? I'm wondering if I made any mistakes setting it up, or if the receiver is bad.

For my application, I'm using a Basic Atom 28 and three Hitec servos. These were all connected to the board at the time I was testing the controller. Could any of these be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-18 10:56 
robon00b wrote:
I have connected the lynxmotion controller cable to the Bot Board II and inserted the wireless receiver module. The controller is the lynxmotion wireless PS2 controller. I followed the tutorial on the website, connected a 9 volt battery to VL and a 6 volt battery to VS.

At first, the green light on the wireless module was solid and the red one was blinking rapidly, after a few minutes I noticed that only the green light was on solid, and the red one was off. I may have unplugged and plugged back in the receiver once within those few minutes.

Can someone tell me what may be wrong? I'm wondering if I made any mistakes setting it up, or if the receiver is bad.

For my application, I'm using a Basic Atom 28 and three Hitec servos. These were all connected to the board at the time I was testing the controller. Could any of these be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance

It is possible, you have to push really hard, but it is possible to install the receiver into the cable upside down. Make sure the D shape is going the right way when installing it.

The receiver and transmitter will connect with only power applied. Remove the Atom to test it this way. You can also test it with a Playstation 2.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-18 18:23 
I checked the receiver and it is installed correctly. Unfortunately I don't have a PS2 to test the controller on.

Does the controller cable need to be attached to pins 12-15? Could other pins be used?

I was thinking that there may be something wrong with the jumper supplying power to those pins, or that those I/O pins might be damaged in some way.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-19 09:50 
Give me something, anything to go on... A photo of your wiring and the board so I can look for errors would be a good start.

Novice ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-19 16:58 
I had the same problem, I think the reciever is the problem because a normal Ps2 controller works fine.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-19 18:37 
Quote:
Give me something, anything to go on... A photo of your wiring and the board so I can look for errors would be a good start.

Here are some some pictures of my board and wiring (taken using a camera phone, please excuse the poor quality)

I decided to buy a wired ps2 controller and try it out with the bot board II. Here is a picture of the board with the PS2 controller attached. A 9 volt battery is attached to the VL input.

I tried a the test code found at this link: http://www.lynxmotion.com/image/html/build034.htm

This is a picture of the BasicMicro ATOM IDE terminal after the program was sent to the ATOM:

The wired controller seems to be functioning properly and sending data :D .

I tried the wireless controller again today as well, but it did not work. The green light on the receiver module stayed on solid, and the red light was off. The red light on the controller just flashed at one second intervals.

I also checked the voltages on the power distribution I/O pins like you suggested and they were 4.97 volts. (Although it is still strange that the green power LED is off....)

Does this mean that there is something wrong with the wireless receiver? Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-22 10:01 
Send me the controller and receiver, and I will fix you up.

New ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-30 22:21 
I also have this problem but the left light on the receiver is solid red and the right flashes as it should. The left light on the controller also blinks similar to the receiver. It's configured for an ah3-r hex.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2010-03-31 10:04 
msg189 wrote:
I also have this problem but the left light on the receiver is solid red and the right flashes as it should. The left light on the controller also blinks similar to the receiver. It's configured for an ah3-r hex.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please start your own thread. Please provide more information, such as images, just like I asked robon00b for. ;)

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2010-04-01 15:05 
Quote:
send me the controller and receiver, and I will fix you up.

The controller and receiver have been sent back to you as of yesterday. You should receive it shortly.

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2010-04-01 15:11 
robon00b wrote:
Quote:
send me the controller and receiver, and I will fix you up.

The controller and receiver have been sent back to you as of yesterday. You should receive it shortly.

The controller was fine, but the receiver was not so much. :( The replacement is leaving here today. 8)