• Insect inspired body
• Powerful Bot Board/SSC-32/BAP28, prewritten programs available
• Angled legs provides additional range of movement
• Phoenix program allows the robot to walk with variable speed, in any direction, or turn in place
• Preset walking modes and gaits to choose from
The Lynxmotion A-Pod Hexapod Complete Kit is insect inspired. The angled legs provide additional range of movement. The three DOF (degree of freedom) leg design means the robot can walk in any direction! The robot has been designed to use 18 HS-645 servos for the legs. The combo kit includes everything you need to make a functional robot except batteries. It's truly amazing to see in action.
Controlling the Robot
The kit comes with the SSC-32, Bot Board II, and BASIC Atom Pro 28. By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32 the BASIC Atom has plenty of power to do some really cool things. The Phoenix program allows the robot to walk with variable speed, in any direction (translation), or turn in place (rotation), or any combination of the two. The leg lift and ride height is adjustable as well as the gait walking speed. You can rotate the body in every axis. There are preset walking modes and gaits to choose from. All of these are accessible from the controller. We suggest purchasing the wireless PS2 controller (RC-01 v2) to get the robot up and running quickly. The Phoenix code also supports a serial control mode for controlling the robot via a serial connection.
The programming is already done for this robot. Prewritten programs are available to get started with this level of robotics. The suggested control options are: PS2 remote control (sold separately), Xbee / DIY RC stick radio control, and TTL serial control.
• Includes everything you need to build a robot to control using the Bot Board/SSC-32/BAP28 with PS2 robot controller (sold separately)
• Phoenix code also supports a serial control mode for controlling the robot via a serial connection
• The robot is compatible with NiCad & Ni-MH Universal Smart Charger (USC-02) and 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 2800mAh Battery Pack (BAT-05)
• Supplier code : APODA-KT