• Web browser and Smartphone control
• Remote Surveillance and Telepresence
• 2 way Audio and Video
• Auto-docking Charging Station
• Open Source software and hardware
The Oculus 2WD Mobile Platform Kit for Netbook consists of an adjustable frame that holds a variety of small laptops, complete with powered wheels and a tilting periscope for the laptop's built-in webcam. You can control it over the internet using any PC web browser, or iOS or Android phone.
Power and communication to the system is supplied entirely via USB. The laptop's battery is charged using its own stock charger, routed through the included charging dock.
Remote Surveillance - Reliable: correctly configured systems can be left running for weeks, waiting for remote-control
Telepresence - Interact with others at home or in the office, from vast distances away, via 2-way audio and video
Expandable Robotics Platform - Open-source software, with open hardware electronics (API/SDK under development)
Best used on smooth, hard floors
• Durable ABS plastic frame fits most 10'' (and some lightweight 11'') laptops or smaller, easy no-tools adjustability.
• Servo controlled tilting periscope to look up/down through laptop webcam (suits cameras rougly centered, above screen)
• DC gearmotor driven front wheels, omni-directional rear wheels, differential steering.
• Server software (installed on laptop connected to Oculus hardware) runs on Windows 7, Vista, and XP, and Linux.
• Standard remote client runs in any modern web browser (with the Flash plugin).
• Android and iOS phone/tablet clients with tilt-to-steer or touch controls
• Supplier code : XAX-024