• Injection moulded plastic body panels not included
• Logitech webcam included
• VIA EPIA SP13000 LVDS Mini-ITX Motherboard w/1.3GHz processor
• Ubuntu Linux Operating System and Player/Stage development environment
The intersection of PCs and Robotics
White Box Robotics delivers a new, highly innovative class of robots that leverages the universal and open standards of the PC to build affordable, highly flexible robotic applications.
Inspired by world-class design and fueled by advanced engineering, the 9-Series PC-BOT gives enthusiasts, educators and business partners alike the opportunity to create exciting, functional, mobile robots from off-the-shelf computer technologies…just add passion, vision and creativity.
This PC-BOT is starting a new wave of exciting robotics research and development that enables and encourages everyone to participate. Now, with the launch of the 9-Series PC-BOT Linux, you have the power of an advanced development environment using Linux - Player/Stage. Other benefits include:
• Open standard PC-based platform provides common baseline for research, peer review and code-sharing
• Well known and documented PC architecture
• Industry standard interfaces (USB, Serial, IEEE1394)
• Thousands of inexpensive, off-the-shelf computer parts and robot sensors
• Driver and application support for Linux and Windows
• Ideal baseline platform for education (robotics, computer science, electronics, etc.) and research (AI, path planning, vision, etc.)
So what does it do?
The simple answer is “just about anything you want it to do”.
It does everything a PC does, even has a monitor, keyboard and mouse adapter if you want to use it as a standard PC. It houses the same plug-and-play hardware as a PC does, accepts the same peripherals and drive bay options, runs the same operating systems that a PC runs – but - it's mobile and autonomous. In short it's a PC with microphone, speaker and web camera that has read-to-me, speak-to-me functionality but also offers, move-with-me or move-for me! This robust robot platform provides unparalleled expandability in terms of both hardware and software as well as being compatible with 100's of off-the-shelf applications. It houses enough horsepower out-of-the-box to process video, AI applications, advanced algorithms, SLAM applications and more. It moves, talks, sees, hears, senses, smells and can physically react and respond to the environment it is placedin.
The PC-BOT can be easily configured to perform a myriad of useful and entertaining functions. All this within a stunning exterior design that has a universal ability to turn cold technology into a friendly, personal experience.
So the real question shouldn't be “What does it do?” But rather “What can it do?”
Shipping outside Canada is not free for this item. RobotShop does not accept returns on custom orders except for warranty exchanges. A 20% restocking fee applies to any non-custom purchase returns.
• Supplier code : C0189168-09