• 8 Week lead time required
• Low cost remotely piloted tracked vehicle
• Travel through swamp land, sand, or very deep snow
• Large track area
• Speed: 15 mph
• 500 lb payload capacity
• 2.4 GHz Radio
Invenscience introduces the ZOMBY Remote Controlled Tracked Platform. The ZOMBY is a low cost remotely piloted tracked vehicle with very low ground pressure. The internal combustion engine, variable speed transmission and low ground pressure combine for un-matched mobility.
This vehicle utilizes a drive train and running gear system proven in manned snow cat vehicles. Liberal usage of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components provides a high capability platform at a valueable price. Large track area provides extremely low ground pressure to enable travel in diverse terrain. Travel through swamp land, sand, or very deep snow is no problem for the ZOMBY.
Controls consist of emergency stop switches on the vehicle, key power switch, and the Operator Control Unit (OCU). The ZOMBY is controlled with a 2.4 GHz COTS radio control unit. Only 5 channels are utilized in operating the vehicle. The COTS transmitter is the OCU.
The joystick for driving the vehicle is located on the right side. The joystick self centers to the neutral position. This vehicle is equipped with a dual path hydrostatic drive transmission enabling it to spin in place. With the joystick in the neutral position, it is possible to move it directly to the right or left thereby achieving a zero radius turn without forward or rearward displacement.
The maximum allowable payload for the ZOMBY vehicle is 500 pounds. When operating in deep snow or soft material, performance will be degraded by adding weight as the
overall ground pressure of the vehicle is increased. When transporting gear, snow and soft terrain performance will be improved if heavy items are transported near the rear of the vehicle or towed behind on a sled or trailer.
• 15 inch wide rubber tracks, 0.30 ground pressure
• Aggressive tracks and low ground pressure make the machine capable on difficult terrain including deep snow
• Hydrostatic drive allows driving one track forward and one backward for true spin-in-place turning
• Power provided by Honda 4-cycle engine
• 40-60 miles of travel on single tank of fuel
• Hydrostatic Drive allows infinitely variable speed
• 2.4 GHz radio - Allows remote operation up to 1 mile away
• High capability, low system cost
• Remote electric start / shut-down
• Generic Interface, all control functions can be directly commanded with RC PWM
- IED Diffusing
- Perimeter control
- Radio deployment
- Tank simulation and demonstration
• Rescue / Emergency
- Remote rescue
• Research and Education
- Controls research
Although the ZOMBY vehicle is designed primarily for snow operation, it performs well in any season. Temperature changes significantly affect the viscosities of oils. Use the proper oil in the engine and transmission for optimum performance and easy starting in cold temperatures.
• Supplier code : I00094