Litter Robot III flashes yellow when the night light comes on

Hi,

So as said in the description our Litter Robot III flashes yellow when the night light comes on. This happens whether it’s stable and on blue light ‘ready’ or if it’s doing a cycle if that light comes on it stops the cycle. We noticed this because when we turned the lights on it cycles normally without stops and does it normally. And when it gets back to it’s stable position it stays on ready, as soon as we turn lights off or make it go dark it flashes again and affects the cycle if cycling etc.

We can’t turn the light off either because holding the power off button for 5 seconds as per the instructions is next to the sensor and it thinks that it’s dark so light comes on meaning the yellow flashing light happens.

I assume if this stayed on blue I could turn the light off using the power off button without any issues but due to it constantly going yellow whenever the sensor thinks it’s dark causes issues.

Anyone got any fixes or recommendations into this?

This issue is caused by the circuit inside the bonnet.
I would recommend you replace the bonnet or contact your dealer if the unit is still under warranty.

Hi there,

So does the bonnet include the night light not complicated to set up just replace it with new one?

It’s over a year old now so think we’re out of warranty!

The warranty on the Litter-Robot is 12 months in North America.

The bonnet comes with the full night light circuit and is really plug and play.
Make sure you unplug the power of the Robot before replacing the bonnet.

Any idea where I can find the serial number? The sales team want it and said it’s in the drawer at the back can’t see anything at all in there!

Should be on a silver sticker behind the drawer inside the base or on the back of the base.

Ok there is a workaround that I just figured out. Shine a bright light at the sensor while holding the power button. It will shut off the nightlight mode without it turning in the nightlight, hence not erroring. Yes you lose the nightlight function but it would work until you get a new bonet

3 Likes

Hi, just experiencing the exact same issue. The workaround of flashing a light on the sensor and turning nightlight off worked for me (suggested by another user here).
I was a bit frustrated about having to order a new bonnet just for this so I won’t be ordering new parts for now and will just use a small led light next to my robot that I got from the dollar store.

Hello @Ealmeida,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Litter-Robot too.

Have you tried to deactivate the nightlight and see if it would still cause the globe to stop during the cycle?

To deactivate the nightlight you can press and hold the “power” button for 5 seconds.

Let us know if this helped.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram, I managed to deactivate the nightlight and now it’s fine. However, in order to deactivate it I used the approach from a user above - Use a flashlight on the sensor and press off at the same time to deactivate it. If you don’t do it like this it won’t work.

Alright that’s great, thank you for letting us know.

I had to switch off my robot and now I can’t manage to switch off the lights again doing the same procedure I done before.
Right now the solution is keeping the basement (where my unit sits) lights on. Guess this wasn’t expected considering I only I’ve this unit for approx. 2 years now.

Hello @Ealmeida,

Please provide us with your order number.

Sincerely,

I have the same problem. Is it possible to order only the electronics of the bonnet? I don’t wanna order a complete one. I have experience with the electronics of the litter robot 3. I already replaced all the electronics of it only not the electronics of the bonnet.

1 Like

Hi @PascalWoude !

It is not possible to buy only electronics. We sell only complete bonnet. But first try these steps:

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUuSGSgn1A&t

Also, there are two connection metal pins between base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact.

Please tell us how this goes.

2 Likes

Oké I need to replace the bonnet. But I will not do that because that is to expensive. I have disabled the night light and now he is working fine. To bad I can’t order only the electronics of the bonnet. Thanks for your support in this matter.

1 Like

You are welcome @PascalWoude

I have the same issue. I turned the night light off from my phone remote, now it doesn’t flash yellow in the dark. Does this mean I have to replace the bonnet?

1 Like

Yes, it usually means that.

Are you in warranty?

1 Like

You can order just the circuit board part for like 16 bucks from Litter Robot. You don’t have to replace the whole piece.

1 Like