Matching a stepper motor's shaft with an omniwheel

Hi everyone, I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how a stepper and an omnidirectional wheel are supposed to fit together and what complimentary parts I would need to buy.

I looked at this stepper motor, in terms of size and power it suits what I am looking for but I would not mind buying a bigger/more powerful one:

robotshop.com/en/12v-17a-667 … motor.html

As for the omnidirectional wheel, I need a minimum 4" wheel. Vex robotics has them (but unfortunately robotshop only offers the 3.25" version).

So my question is, how do these 2 parts fit together? At first look it seems that the shaft and hole are not the same shape nor the same size. Please help me out

It depends on if you plan to have the weight of the robot acting directly on the stepper motor’s output shaft, or offset. Note that the output shaft of the gearbox is intended to provide a torque, and is not meant to withstand a high axial load. If the robot does not weigh much, you can choose an 8mm hub and an omniwheel from the same manufacturer:
robotshop.com/en/robot-wheel.html
robotshop.com/en/hubs-couplers.html

VEX parts only work with other VEX parts. There is really no specific way to use them with other parts other than hacking them or drilling new holes.

Thank you very much for the reply. Your response actually made me realize that i need to educate myself more about this topic.

My robot will actually weight significantly (10-15kg) and I am planning on using 3 omni wheels to hold the weight of the robot up. Although the wheels I chose below can handle the weight, but am I right to assume that the stepper motors shaft would not be able to handle that weight? thing is, there is no weight information on a motors shaft, that I know or understand at least.

So what would you recommend I do?

What I want to do is something like this:

instructables.com/id/DIY-Omni-wheels-robot/

Using this wheel:

robotshop.com/en/100mm-doubl … llers.html

So what motor and shaft/accessories should I use?

Update:
I added the following items to my cart, do you think they all fit physically together?

robotshop.com/en/12v-17a-667 … motor.html
robotshop.com/en/stepper-mot … ma-17.html
robotshop.com/en/100mm-doubl … llers.html
robotshop.com/en/8mm-screw-hub.html

Is there anything i missed out?

You’ll need the appropriate stepper motor controllers (ne for each motor), a microcontroller, battery and wiring.
You can support the wheel on the side opposite the shaft if you don’t want to risk putting all of the weight on the shaft of the motor.
Be sure to keep the wheel as close to the gearbox as possible (lowers the torque felt by the output bearing supporting the shaft).