RPLIDAR Not being recoginsed by windows ten

Hello I have recently purchased the RPLIDAR A1 and downloader the required SDK and required software drivers for the sensor. But my windows ten computer is not recognizing the device and I cant figure out which com port the component is attached to. Can you provide any help into what I should do?

Have you tried manually installing the following driver? robotshop.com/media/files/zi … _linux.zip (UART to USB driver pack)
As for the COM port, it’s easiest to open Device Manager (under Windows) and look under the tab "Ports (COM & LPT). You will likely see a device connected but not recognized, and next to it you’ll also see the COM port number.

When I tried to Instal the driver I get this error message anything I can do to fix it? Please see the attached photo.

Also in my device manager I dont have a tab called Ports (COM & LPT) is this normal?

The driver is from Silicon labs. Fortunately there is a copy included with the SDK here:
robotshop.com/media/files/zi … v1.4.5.zip
Can you try this one?

I have already tried that one with no luck. Is it possible that the unit is defective?

Any other suggestions Coleman? Thanks

Hi, pacifickid9.
I had same trouble now.
Did you solve this trouble ?
If you solved this trouble, please let me know.