- KIBO is a screen-free robot kit for kids
- When children code with KIBO they are learning invaluable skills that will lead them on the path for success in science (STEAM).
- Based on 20 years of early child development research, this hands-on educational robot engages young students to learn STEAM
- STEAM learning with KIBO is fun, imaginative and easy. Your youngest learners will playfully discover these concepts by coding
- KIBO has proven efficacy in helping kids learn STEAM, and getting them excited about it!
What is KIBO?
KIBO is the screen-free robot kit for kids that lets 4- to 7-year-olds create, design, decorate and bring their own robot to life! KIBO is an easy and fun way to bring robotics and coding to your young learners and spark their interest in STEAM.
KIBO, being a robotic kit involves two aspects. First one is hardware which is the robot itself. Other one is software which connects all the programming blocks and makes the robot move.
It may sound complicated but KIBO is an easy DIY kit. We have included learning materials to better understand, wheels, motors, light output and all the other sensors. So you can be rest assured that your kid will have a great time with the KIBO kit.
KIBO robot has an embedded scanner (built-in). The scanner scans the bar codes of programming blocks and commands the robot based on the chosen programmed block. It’s important to note that for this age group, no touch screen-time is required. So you don’t need a computer and you don’t even need a tablet for it to work.
We want it to be a joyful toy for creative learning and do not suggest hurting their eyes with tablets due to longer playtime of classes. And besides they are only kids, so we should avoid wrong habits and getting them exposed to a lot of screen time. After all, it is bad for their health as well. American Academy of Pediatrics second on with their recommendations for kids.