- Horizontal and vertical FoV - H-FoV = 100° / V-Fov = 0.3°
- Rapid refresh rate up to 100 Hz
- Immune to ambient light
- No moving parts, for ultimate robustness
- Easy to integrate, includes Leddar Enabler SDK
- Best cost/performance ratio
The first module developed on the advanced LeddarVu platform, Leddar Vu 8 Channel Module, 100°/0.3°, USB,CAN & Serial Interfaces leverages powerful class-1 laser illumination and 8 independent active detection elements into a single sensor, resulting in rapid, continuous and accurate detection and ranging of objects including lateral discrimination in the entire wide beam, without any moving parts. Detecting targets up to 61 m and weighting only 75 grams, the Vu8 uses a fixed laser light source, which significantly increases the sensor’s robustness and cost-efficiency compared to any scanning LiDAR solution.
Vu8’s source assembly combines the IR Laser emitter with a dominant wavelength of 905 nm and diffractive optics, providing a wide illumination beam which is available in three horizontal (20°, 48° and 100°) and two vertical (0,3° and 3°) field of view options. The receiver assembly includes 8 independent detection elements with simultaneous multi-object measurement capabilities and hosts the powerful Leddar signal processing algorithms. Vu8’s carrier board hosts the electrical and communication interface of the module.
The module comes with the Leddar Enabler SDK, which provides a user-friendly application programming interface (API) with .Net and C libraries, complete with code examples. Sample code for RS-485/MODBUS for both Windows and Linux, as well as LabVIEW and MATLAB integration examples are also provided.
- Detection range up to 215 m (≈ 700 ft)
- Compact and lightweight (≈ 75 g)
- Based on the modular LeddarVu platform for flexible integration and customization
- 8 independent segments with simultaneous acquisition and lateral discrimination capabilities
- 100° beam width options, for optimized field of view