- Uses QTI infrared emitter/receiver modules
- QTI sensors mount underneath the front of the Boe-Bot chassis
- Designed for close proximity infrared detection using reflective object sensors
- RoHS Compliant
The Parallax QTI Line Follower AppKit for the Boe-Bot is an add-on kit uses QTI infrared emitter/receiver modules that easily enhance the line following capability of your Boe-Bot® Robot. The QTI sensors mount underneath the front of the Boe-Bot chassis. It can be positioned to adjust to different width lines. The application in this kit uses four QTI sensor/mounting hardware sets, arranged to follow 3/4-inch black electrical tape on white poster board. Learning to use the QTI is easy with the illustrated instructions and example BASIC Stamp code included below, which is written by Andy Lindsay, author of Robotics with the Boe-Bot.
- Designed for close proximity Infrared Detection using reflective object sensors
- Use as a digital sensor array to detect black lines in order to follow electrical tape courses or navigate mazes
- Use as an analog sensor to detect shades of gray
- Challenge your friends by setting up Boe-Bot line following competitions
Note: You will need to supply your own Boe-Bot, white poster board, and black electrical tape.