Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Parallax SumoBot WX Competition Kit
- Offers two complete SumoBot WX robot kits
- Easy-to-use BlocklyProp visual programming language
- Provides infrared emitters and detectors
- Includes a three-position switch
- Free tutorials and visual BlocklyProp
The Parallax SumoBot WX Competition Kit with the FLiP Multicore Microcontroller combines what one loves about robotics: the easy-to-use BlocklyProp visual programming language. A pair of robots that autonomously battle for dominance in a Sumo ring, and experiential learning throughout the tutorials - one wheel revolution at a time.
Aside from the ring (which you’ll make on your own) this kit includes enough sensors and components to program, test, battle, and rebuild many times. We don’t know what it is exactly about the SumoBot that gets our customers so excited, but maybe it’s the closest thing to BattleBots or a science fiction future in which robots peacefully manage disagreements for their people.
Parallax’s experience with wrestling robots started with the original SumoBot built upon the BASIC Stamp 2. The new SumoBot WX design has improvements too numerous to list. First, it uses the popular FLiP Multicore Microcontroller in a socket, which may be removed for other projects.
Easy programming with visual BlocklyProp supports set-and-forget motor control signals, parallel sensing, and detection during runtime. The sleek, flat black SumoBot WX circuit board and chassis absorb some of your opponent’s infrared sensing ability, and our new low-durometer sticky tires to keep you from sliding out of the ring when attacked from the side.
- 1 x SumoBot WX board
- 1 x Propeller FLiP microcontroller module
- 1 x USB A to microB cable
- 1 x SumoBot chassis
- 1 x SumoBot Front Scoop
- 1 x 4AA Battery Holder with plug
- 2 x Parallax Continuous Rotation Servos
- 2 x Robot Wheels
- 2 x Molded Tires for robot wheels
- 2 x Screw, 1/4-inch, 4-40
- 8 x Screw, 3/8-inch, 4-40
- 4 x Screw, 1/2-inch, 4-40
- 4 x Screw, 1-inch, 4-40
- 4 x Threaded standoff, 1 1/4-inch, 4-40
- 4 x Aluminum spacer, 5/8-inch
- 10 x Locknut, 4-40
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Combination wrench
- 2 x Nylon screw, flat-head, 1/2-inch, 4-40
- 8 x Nylon spacer, 1/8-inch
- 8 x Nylon spacer, 1/16-inch
- 2 x Nylon nut, 4-40
- 4 x LED (Red)
- 4 x Infrared LED
- 4 x Infrared Receiver
- 4 x LED Shield
- 4 x LED Shield Base
- 4 x QTI sensor
- 4 x 3-wire Extension Cable, 8"