Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Life sized humanoid with 27 powered axis
- Interactive touchscreen kiosk for public use
- Fully Programmable
- Telepresence enabled
- Open API for developers
RoboThespian, the original robot actor and star of the show!
Passersby stop in their tracks. Delegates keep asking for more. Crowds break into rapturous applause. RoboThespian will perform however you wish and capture the attention of anyone, anywhere.
RoboThespian is the product of 15+ years of iteration and innovation by Engineered Arts' expert robotics team. Powered by the unique web browser based Tritium operating system, RoboThespian is yours to command remotely from anywhere.
With a range of expressive movements, speech and songs that can be animated in advance or on the go, RoboThespian will create waves of excitement wherever you place them: at your theatre or trade show, on a live panel or TV show, in a room full of executives or an attraction filled with visitors.
Academics and developers love working with RoboThespian for HRI research and performance based projects due to the versatility of the programming environment
• RoboThespian Humanoid Robot (supplied in 2 easy to assemble sections)
• Interactive touchscreen kiosk with public user interface
• Pre-recorded demo content - film impressions, songs, greetings
• 10 minutes of custom content, if requested
• Gaze tracking
• Integrated webcam and microphone
• RGB LED face and body lighting.
• Steel floor base
• Jun-Air OF302-25M Air Compressor in acoustic housing
• Dedicated installation support via video call
• Comprehensive online support documentation
• Open and documented API
• One year warranty
• One year remote services subscription to:
◦ Virtual Robot animation
◦ TinMan telepresence
◦ Online Control Panel (Tritium GUI)
◦ Python IDE
◦ Remote helpdesk support
Robot (inc. floor base)
- Height: 5' 10"
- Width (arms fully extended): 5' 9"
- Weight: 44kg / 97lbs
- Height: 40" / Width: 17" / Depth: 16"
- Weight: 22kg / 49lbs
- Height: 26" / Width: 18" / Depth: 34"
- Weight: 78kg / 172lbs
• Suitable for indoor use only.
• Mains power operated
• A barrier for unsupervised public use (to protect robot from damage)
• Wired internet network connection for web connected services and remote support
• Hybrid design with 27 pneumatic and DC servo motor actuators for upper body, upper limbs and head motion
• 10 x Pneumatic 'Air Muscle' Actuators (Festo) with full proportional control and inherent compliance
• 8 x DC servo motors (Maxon) tuned for natural human motion profiles
• 8 x Pneumatic cylinder actuators for hands
• 1 x High speed servo motor for jaw actuation
• Passive lower limb design will maintain centre of mass over support as legs fold
• Chassis fabrication: 6082 Grade Aluminium
• Wear parts hard anodised for longer life
• DC motors with induction hardened output gears
• 12 bit absolute angular hall encoders on Air Muscle and DC servo axis
• 2 motion control boards for DC Servo, Pneumatic Air Muscle control
• Closed loop control on 18 proportional axis
• 3 pneumatic valve controllers (4 channels per board) for closed loop pressure and flow control to 'Air Muscle' actuators.
• Eyes with 240 x 320 QVGA 2.2” LCD displays, independently driven by embedded Linux module.
• Interactive touchscreen kiosk with 19” touchscreen panel.
• Onboard mini-PC (NUC)
• RGB webcam in head
• Pair of beam forming microphones
• RoboThespian and Touchscreen Kiosk 100-250V AC
• Air Compressor 230V AC