- ENGAGING: Creates a playful and fun approach to learning coding.
- PROGRAMMING OPTIONS: Program your Smart Buddy’s Siggy in three ways with remote control, draw path, and block-based modes. Start with the basics and grow.
- INTEGRATED TUTORIALS: The 10 built- in tutorials give kids hints, tips, and tricks for creating effective block- based code.
- E-BOOKS: Get to know each of the Smart Buddies characters with integrated e-books featuring reading level options for both primary (third grade) and intermediate (fifth grade).
- EASY START-UP: Simply open the app and pair your device with the license plate number found on your Siggy.
Smart Buddies inspires kids to be tomorrow’s creators and leaders by teaching them to code robots in endless fun combinations.
Within the Smart Buddies app, kids are introduced to their buddies – different role models who have interests in science, engineering, and the arts. Each of the eight buddies has a STEM specialty, which can be read about in their digital book.
The app connects to the Siggy, a self-balancing coding robot, that can move, light up, make sounds, and sense the world around it. Kids can put their imaginations and problem-solving skills on display as they learn the basics of block-based coding through game-like adventures and missions.
About Sebastian and his book series:
Sebastian loves to play video games with his friends, but he hopes to one day create video games for the whole world to enjoy. He is successful in creating his first video game, but he doesn’t have the equipment he needs to really make his game come to life. Sebastian worries that without the right computer, he won’t be able to continue to pursue his passion of becoming a video game designer.