Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Thames & Kosmos Robotics Workshop
- Build and program robots with this robotics engineering system
- Assemble 12 different robots
- Also allows you to make robots according to your own designs
- Sensors, motors, a core controller, and hundreds of snap-together building pieces
- Ages: 10+
The Thames & Kosmos Robotics Workshop starts out with instructions for building simple robots, teaching you how the sensors can be used to control the robots. Build an ultrasound robot that can avoid obstacles, a line tracker robot, a touch sensor robot, and a doodling robot. Move on to more complex robots that have multiple functions, such as a ball-manipulating robot, a crawling robot, and a grabbing robot. Finally build some functional, helpful robotics including an automated door-opening robot and a protected robotic safe to store your valuables.
After you have mastered all of the robotic models in the instructions, you will have the tools and knowledge you need to go on and build and program your own amazing robotic creations.
The robots can be controlled directly in real-time and programmed to perform a series of commands using an easy-to-use, free downloadable app on tablets and smartphones. The app wirelessly connects to the core controller using a Bluetooth low-energy connection. You can create more complex programs using the open-source visual block programming Editor Google Blockly on a PC with a USB connection to the core controller. The app requires a tablet or smartphone running iOS or Android.
- Ultrasound Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Touch Sensor
- Servo Motor
- Regular Motor
- Core Controller
- Sound Sensor
- Models: 12
- Piece Count: 252
- Manual Pages: 96
- Manual Dimensions (in): 8.25 x 11.5
- Product Dimensions (in): 21.3 x 14.6 x 3.8
- Product Weight (lbs.): 3.2
- Batteries Required: AA (6)