Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Six-axis advanced robotic manipulator (ARM) with open control interface
- 2 meters reach diameter and ability to lift 4.5kg (10 pounds)
- Holds position on lower 4 joints with power off
- CNC machined aluminum and carbon fiber construction
The Advanced Robotic Manipulator (ARM 3.0) - Open Loop is a six-axis robotic arm with an open control interface to allow simple implementation into other projects. Each joint is commanded to position via RC PWM signals. Carbon fiber segments and CNC machined aircraft grade aluminum make the ARM 3.0 a robust unit. With a reach diameter of over 2 meters and ability to lift 4.5kg (10 pounds) it is a very capable ARM value. The ARM 3.0 improves on the ARM 2.0 with better position sensors, more robust linear actuators, and more powerful motor controllers.
This 6 degree of freedom arm uses linear actuators and rotary servos to provide an operation envelope of over 7 ft in diameter. Sealed ball bearings provide precision movement at each joint. The lower 4 joints use absolute encoders for precise, linear control. Typical current draw at full capacity is approximately 7 amps. Rotation speed of base joint is 60 degrees / second. Wrist rotates 240 degrees in 2.3 seconds. Gripper moves from fully open to fully closed in less than 1 second. Reverse power protection and over-current protection is built into to the unit. A power switch with green LED "on" state indication is located on the electronics enclosure.
Open-Loop Velocity Control
All joints in this version of the ARM operate in open-loop velocity mode. This ARM is most friendly when using a joystick or radio control unit to allow a human operator to directly control the ARM. When connected to a radio or joystick, this ARM will hold position when the joystick is centered and will begin to move as the operator moves the joystick from center. The more the joystick is moved from center, the faster the ARM will move. If the joystick is moved in the other direction, the ARM will reverse directions. This version of the ARM can run out-of-the-box by connecting 12VDC power and any standard RC radio to the input connector.
- Absolute, linear feedback from each joint
- Limit switches at ends of travel of linear actuators
- Rugged aluminum enclosure houses control electronics
- DB-25 connector for power and signal input
- On/Off power switch at base
- Carbon fiber segments
- CNC machined aluminum construction
- Compatible with conventional radio control units
- Power indicator LED
- 12VDC power
- Reverse connection protected
- Robotic controls research projects
- University engineering labs
- Manipulator for un-manned ground vehicles
- Robotic competitions
- Testing of products in hazardous environments
- Reach envelope: 86.6" (2.2m) diameter
- Lift capacity: 10 lbs (4.5 kg) at full extension
- Degrees of Freedom: 6
- Interface: RC PWM
- Weight: 20.4 lbs (9.2 kg)
- Input: 12VDC, 7.5A peak