Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Clearpath TurtleBot 4 Mobile Robot (assembled)
- Built on the iRobot Create 3 educational robot
- Features an Oak-D-Pro Camera, accessible power & USB ports and an OLED Display
- Open-source robotics platform for Learning & Development
- Equipped with a Top mounting plate for easy integration
The Clearpath Robotics TurtleBot 4 Mobile Robot is the next-generation robotic platform for learning the Robot Operating System (ROS). With better sensors, more computing power and support for ROS 2, TurtleBot 4 is a fully-extensible reference platform for robotics researchers, developers and educators.
The TurtleBot 4 is equipped with an iRobot® Create3 mobile base, a powerful Raspberry Pi 4 running ROS 2, 2D LiDAR and more. All components have been seamlessly integrated to deliver an out-of-the-box development and learning platform.
It features an OAK-D-PRO 4K RGB autofocus camera. It comes with a top mounting plate, which makes it easy to integrate third-party hardware.
Get Started Quickly
The TurtleBot 4 is the ideal robotics development platform for your custom application. It ships fully assembled with ROS 2 pre-installed and configured along with detailed user documentation, an Ignition Gazebo simulation model, demo code and a suite of tutorials, allowing you to get started quickly with developing robotics applications.
TurtleBot 4 comes with an array of integrated sensors ideal for many robotics applications. Onboard sensors include the OAK-D spatial AI stereo camera, 2D Lidar, IMU, optical floor tracking sensor, wheel encoders, infrared, cliff, bump, slip detection and more. All onboard sensors are available as ROS topics via the network-connected ROS 2 API.
TurtleBot 4 is built on the iRobot Create 3 educational robot - a sturdy mobile base which provides an array of intelligent sensors for accurate localization and positioning, a 9kg payload capacity and a top speed of .306 m/s. The Create 3 has a standalone ROS interface and unlike previous TurtleBots, it includes integrated batteries and charging dock.
Build & Expand
Once you’ve mastered the basics, easily expand the capabilities of TurtleBot 4 by adding your own sensors and custom payloads. Accessible USB ports, power breakouts and a top mounting plate make it easy to integrate third-party hardware and components. With ROS 2 and its support for micro-ROS, expansion and integration of embedded microcontrollers is made easier than ever.
TurtleBot 4 comes with comprehensive courseware material, including lesson plans, lecture content, tutorials and sample tests, allowing educators to easily incorporate TurtleBot into robotics training courses.
Support Open Source
For every TurtleBot 4 shipped, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Open Source Robotics Foundation (OSRF) for the continued support of the development, distribution, and adoption of open source software in robotics research and education.
- Mapping & Navigation
- Multi Robot Systems
- 1x Create3 iRobot Base (with 26 Wh Li-Ion battery, ROS2 enabled, and built-in sensor suite including IR cliff sensors, IR obstacle sensors, gyroscope, IMU, encoders, others)
- 1x Charging base
- 1x Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM)
- 1x OAK-D-Pro RGBD camera
- 1x RPLidar A1M8
- 1x 32 GB SD Card with adapter
- 1x Riser tower assembly
- 341 x 339 x 351 mm / 13.4 x 13.3 x 13.8 inch (L x W x H)
- Diameter Wheels: 72 mm / 0.55 inch
- Ground Clearance: 4.5 mm / 0.17 inch
Speed and Performance
- Max Payload: 9 kg
- Max Speed: 0.31 m/s (safe mode) | 0.46 m/s (cliff sensors disabled)
- Max Rotational Speed: 1.90 rad/s
Battery and Power System
- Chemistry: 26 Wh Lithium-Ion (14.4 V nominal) Rechargeable
- Charge Time: 2.5 hrs
- Operating Time: 2.5 - 4 hrs (load dependent)
- Docking: Base station for docked charging
- VBAT @ 300mA, 12V @TBD mA, 5V @ 500mA
- 3.3V @ 250mA
- 4K RGB autofocus camera (IMX378)
- Mono stereo camera pair (0V9282)
- IMU, Spatial Al processor
- IR Laser Dot Projector & Illumination LED
- Other Sensors: 2x Front bumper zones, 2x Wheel encoders, 4x IR cliff sensors, 6x IR obstacle sensors. 1x Downward optical flow sensor for odometry, 1x3D gyroscope, 1x 3D accelerometer, 1x Battery level monitor
- Other Actuators: 2x Drive Motors, 6x RGB LED Ring, 1x Speaker, 5 Status LEDs, 2 User LEDs, 128x64 OLED Display
- Computer: Raspberry Pi 4B (4 GB)
- Software: Ubuntu 20.04, ROS2
- Weight: 3.9 kg