Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- AL5A arm with SSC-32U USB board
- Delivers fast, accurate, and repeatable movement
- Create your own code to communicate with the arm
- Affordable system with time tested rock solid design
The Lynxmotion AL5A 4DOF Robotic Arm SSC-32U Combo Kit (No Software) delivers fast, accurate, and repeatable movement. The robot features: base rotation, single plane shoulder, elbow, wrist motion, a functional gripper, and optional wrist rotate. The AL5A robotic arm is an affordable system with a time tested rock solid design that will last and last.
The aluminum robotic arm is made from Servo Erector Set components for the ultimate in flexibility and expandability. The kit consists of black anodized aluminum brackets, Aluminum tubing and hubs, custom injection molded components, and precision laser-cut Lexan components. The arm uses 1 x HS-422 in the base, 1 x HS-755HB in the shoulder, 1 x HS-645MG in the elbow, 1 x HS-422 in the wrist, and 1 x HS-422 in the gripper.
Lynxmotion SSC-32U USB Servo Controller
The Lynxmotion SSC-32U USB Servo Controller is the latest version of the very popular SSC-32 servo controller board. It has a USB port, an Xbee socket, improved power circuit, and a many other improvements.
SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility (created using FlowBotics Studio)
The Lynxmotion SSC-32U Servo Controller board can be easily controlled with the new SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility. It is available as a free downloadable utility which makes it easy to experiment with robotics and animatronics. It can be found in the Useful Links section.
This utility is an example of the type of program which can be built using Lynxmotion FlowBotics Studio Graphical Programming Software (Download) , which includes this program as an open source demo project. The SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility program enables you to easily move servo motors, calibrate their position, store and playback motion sequences, upgrade the SSC-32U firmware and more.
AL5A Hardware-Only Kit (AL5A-NS), which includes:
- Arm Hardware, Gripper and Gripper Attachment Kit
- Base Rotate (no servos)
- Electronics Carrier
- Lynxmotion SSC-32U USB Servo Controller
- USB Cable
- Power Supply Output 6VDC 5A Input 100-240VAC
- 3 x Hitec HS-422 Servo Motor (a HS-425BB or HS-322HD may be substituted) standard-size servos
- 1 x Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor standard-size servo
- 1 x HS-755HB Giant Scale Servo Motor large-scale servo
- FlowBotics Studio: is an easy to use graphical program which allows you to easily get your AL5 robot up and running without the need to create code. Use the software to manipulate the real arm using the virtual arm, and create, record and play back your own sequences. Software allows for wrist rotation and additional servos.
- FlowArm PLTW: provides a graphical interface for controlling the AL5A, AL5 and AL5D arms. You can also create and save sequences. It is a stand-alone .exe program which was created using FlowBotics Studio.
- SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility: a free interface which gives you control over each servo and allows you to create sequences.
- Alternately the servo motors can be controlled directly from a microcontroller. We sell the arm without electronics for this purpose.