- Symmetric Quadruped Walking Robot Platform
- Three DOF (degree of freedom) legs for ease in walking any direction
- Perfect for college robotics labs and individuals looking to get started
- USB PS2 compatible Software to easily control the robot's motion
- Compatible with Lynxmotion FlowBotics Studio Graphical Programming Software (Download)
The Lynxmotion Symmetric Quadruped Kit (FlowBotics Studio) is the FlowBotics Studio version of the 3DoF per leg quadruped robot with a symmetric body design. The kit includes the SSC-32 servo controller as well as a serial to XBee breakout board, a bluetooth module and a full copy of FlowBotics Studio. To control the robot, you create walking sequences within the FlowBotics Studio, and commands are send in real time via Bluetooth to the robot. All higher level mathematics is offloaded to the computer. The software is also compatible with a USB PS2, allowing you to more easily control the robot's motion. The robot's symmetry makes this a very unique quadruped walker. The three DOF (degree of freedom) leg design provides the flexibility required to walk in any direction. The robot uses four HS-645MG servos along with four HS-422 servos. The combo kit includes everything you need to make a functional robot except batteries, charger and optional PS2 controller. This research level robot is perfect for college robotics labs and individuals looking to get started with creating code for quadruped robots.
Controlling the Robot
The combo kit comes with the SSC-32 servo controller and the Bluetooth module. There is no separate wiring for a PS2 controller since the PS2 system (sold separately) includes all necessary wiring. By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32, the main board has plenty of power to do some really cool things. The basic PS2 code allows you to control the robot using a wireless (or wired) PS2 remote control (sold separately). Manufacturer strongly recommends the wireless PS2 controller to get the robot up and running quickly. With the proper configuration, the popular hexapod Phoenix code has been adapted to the quadruped to help you get started.
- Symmetric Body Kit
- 2 x 3DOF Alum. Leg Pair (Black)
- 4 x (57 oz. in.) Standard Servo
- 8 x (76 oz. in.) Standard Sized Servo
- XBee Bluetooth module and USB Bluetooth module
- SSC-32U Servo Controller
- Includes FlowBotics Studio Software
- 1x USB cable
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.