- Small, inexpensive tracked platform kit
- Mounting for Arduino Uno (Sold separately)
- Frame made out of laser-cut Lexan parts
- Comes with the DFRobotShop Rover Mobile Robot Shield
- Includes LiPo battery and onboard charger
- Please verify the polarity of the connector before using this battery as it may differ from the image
The Mini DFRobotShop Rover Development Platform (No Arduino) is a small, inexpensive tracked platform which provides you with the basic tools needed to experiment with Arduino-based programming and mobile robots. An shield-compatible Arduino-based microcontroller (such as the Arduino Uno) must be purchased separately. The frame is made out of durable laser-cut Lexan parts, and the drive system is comprised of the Tamiya Twin-Motor Gear Box (must be assembled in configuration A) and a Tamiya Track and Wheel Set .
The DFRobotShop Rover Shield is the ideal “all in one” shield for small, Arduino-based mobile robot development. The shield allows you to power your Arduino using a 3.7V LiPo battery (also included with this kit) and even has a 3.7V LiPo charger onboard, allowing you to charge the battery via USB. The onboard L298P H-bridge (dual brushed DC motor controller) is perfect for controlling two small, low voltage gear motors and allows for full control over speed and direction. Additional features include a universal IR receiver, XBee headers and analog pins broken out (for easy connection to sensors). When stacking multiple shields, or when using the shield with an Arduino-based board which has additional built-in features, be sure to check the pins which are used, as some may interfere with one another.
Mounting hardware for a microcontroller is included (Arduino Uno suggested). There is a 36mm wide x 7mm high gap in the top support plate for the 3.7V, 1000mAh LiPo battery. Foam is included so it is a “friction fit”.
- Dual DC motor controller (3.5 to 9V and up to 2A per channel)
- Onboard voltage regulator
- 3.7V LiPo battery charger (via micro USB connector)
- XBee headers
- 38Khz Universal IR receiver (~10m unobstructed range)
- On/Off switch & reset button
- 3-pin analog headers (signal / 5V / GND)
- Shield stacking headers
- 1x Mini RobotShop Rover Frame
- 1x Mini RobotShop Rover Hardware (wire, crimps, standoffs, screws)
- 1x Tamiya Twin Motor Gearbox (must be assembled in configuration A)
- 1x Tamiya Tracks & Sprocket Kit
- 1x DFRobotShop Rover Shield
- 1x 3.7V 1000mAh LiPo battery
- Width: 10.8cm
- Length: 11.8cm
- Height: 7cm
- Top Angle: 5 deg
- Weight: 135g
- There is a 36mm wide x 7mm high gap in the top support plate for a 3.7V, 1000mAh LiPo battery. Foam is included so the battery is a “friction fit”
- Front mounting slots are for general use.
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.