Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Pimoroni MAX30101 Breakout
- Measures heart rate, oxygen saturation, and smoke detection
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Employs photoplethysmography for accurate heartbeat detection
- Equipped with green, red, and infrared LEDs and photodetectors
The Pimoroni MAX30101 Breakout Heart Rate, Oximeter, Smoke Sensor is a sophisticated sensor designed to measure heart rate, and oxygen saturation, and detect smoke or particles in the air. This versatile device can be used to visualize your heartbeat or to synchronize LEDs or lights with your heart rhythm. It is compatible with both Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
The sensor is equipped with three LEDs - green, red, infrared, and photodetectors. These components work together to measure the amount of light reflected back to the sensor. By employing a technique known as photoplethysmography (PPG), the sensor can detect changes in skin color with each heartbeat when pressed against the fingertip.
In addition to its health monitoring capabilities, the MAX30101 can also detect airborne particles such as smoke. This is achieved by measuring the amount of light reflected back to the sensor by these particles.
The sensor is also compatible with the Breakout Garden HAT, which simplifies the use of breakouts by allowing the user to easily insert the sensor into one of the six slots. For those using the MAX30101 with the Breakout Garden for heart rate measurement, it is recommended to use the Breakout Garden Extender Kits along with female-to-female jumper jerky. This combination facilitates more reliable heartbeat readings.
Important: The Pimoroni MAX30101 Breakout Heart Rate, Oximeter, Smoke Sensor, and the code in the Python library, should not be used for medical diagnosis, as a real smoke or fire detector, or in life-critical situations. It is intended for fun or novelty use only.
- 1x Pimoroni MAX30101 Breakout
- 1x 1x5 Male Header
- 1x 1x5 Female Right-Angle Header
- 19 x 19 x 3.2 mm (L x W x H)
- Green, red, and infrared LEDs
- Ambient light rejection
- Temperature sensor
- I2C interface (address 0x57)
- Compatible with 3.3 or 5 V
- Reverse polarity protection
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi computers and Arduino